Habs claim Rem Pitlick

Dalhabs

21 hours ago, Commandant said:

Hudon had a good first year but ok.

His numbers are still unsustainable compared to the underlying numbers.  I stand by my not a long term solution assessment.

Pitlick reminds me more of Nick Cousins than Hudon, but yeah ... I see your point

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

It was a comparison of level of player... a winger who is very good in the AHL but tops out as a fourth liner in the NHL on a good team. And can fill in it a centre in a pinch but not something you want him to do long term

Not sure if you are over-rating Hudon or underrating RemPit but I never saw Hudon perform in the NHL the way the RemPit is now and I never saw Hudon being good enough defensively to be a viable 4th line option. Will Pitlick be able to maintain his current level? Probably not, but he has shown enough that they should keep him on a cheap contract. You say not a long term solution but I ask to what? If you are expecting him to score the way he has and anchor the 3rd line, disappointment awaits. If you expect a 4th line energy guy who can kill penalties and occasionally play up in the line up he may be a viable option. I actually am not arguing with your assessment. I just didn’t like the comparison. I see one player, Hudon, who never quite good enough and was unable to seize the numerous opportunities he had and another, Pitlick, who is maximizing his current opportunity. 

Congratulations to Rem  Pitlick for winning the 3rd LW job and making the Lehkonen trade possible.

Hope to see R.Pitlick - Evans - Armia/Ylonen next season :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I respect Commandant's skepticism, but Pitlick has earned a spot in my book. 👍 It's now on him to show that he can be consistently productive.

Im fine with keeping him.  I just worry about paying too much and too long.  He can play in bottom 6. I just worry the offense is a bit of a mirage.

14 hours ago, Commandant said:

Im fine with keeping him.  I just worry about paying too much and too long.  He can play in bottom 6. I just worry the offense is a bit of a mirage.

Agree ... he is not technically a rookie but it is his first extended time in the NHL ... makes projections somewhat difficult ... hopefully HoGo can strike a reasonable deal.