Habs vs Pacioretty-less Knights Jan 20 2022

DON

47 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

In light of this being a New Year, I propose a resolution that POINTS in two straight games hereby be sufficient to break the KKcurse ... do I have a second?

You have a second! I am really tired of looking at that picture!  

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It doesn’t work that way. We cannot change the rules after the fact to get out of it

but thanks buddy

Actually, I think many of the rich and powerful have done just that to their great benefit ... I think you could not have had any idea (especially with your general optimism) HOW bad things were going to be and that the odds that you would "win your bet" were far, far, far longer than you thought ... but it also seems you may now suffer for Stockholm Syndrome, actually enjoying being held hostage by the KK avatar ... up to you.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Actually, I think many of the rich and powerful have done just that to their great benefit ... I think you could not have had any idea (especially with your general optimism) HOW bad things were going to be and that the odds that you would "win your bet" were far, far, far longer than you thought ... but it also seems you may now suffer for Stockholm Syndrome, actually enjoying being held hostage by the KK avatar ... up to you.

Stockholm syndrome? Ah, yes, nice city.

Loved the spicy vodka and fish dished on the cruise of the delta! Midnight sun and the nightlife go great together.

I still prefer Pori wrath: show me the money or suffer the wrath of my KKurse

KK_loki_Capture.gif

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Stockholm syndrome? Ah, yes, nice city.

Loved the spicy vodka and fish dished on the cruise of the delta! Midnight sun and the nightlife go great together.

I still prefer Pori wrath: show me the money or suffer the wrath of my KKurse

KK_loki_Capture.gif

I think GHT is right about Stockholm Syndrome. You really seem to enjoy torturing us with it. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think GHT is right about Stockholm Syndrome. You really seem to enjoy torturing us with it. 

🥴 when handed lemons ... 

... might as dive into the lemonade 🤪

10 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

I kind of stopped caring about kk-gate when MB was fired. It was his mess and he is gone. No reason to blame kk because he took an overwhelming contractoffer.

I agree ... although I am hoping that KK's contract complicates the 'Canes trying to improve at the deadline ... CapFriendly currently shows them with $100K in current cap space (i.e., the total value of FULL cap hit values that can be added while staying under he cap).

11 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

I kind of stopped caring about kk-gate when MB was fired. It was his mess and he is gone. No reason to blame kk because he took an overwhelming contractoffer.

and I thought we were friends ... 😪

11 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

I don’t blame KK, I just want him to fail and remain nothing more than a bottom-6 FW. Otherwise we will have lost a big, strong, stud of #2 C whose existence can taunt us for the next 10 years. 

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I don’t blame KK, I just want him to fail and remain nothing more than a bottom-6 FW. Otherwise we will have lost a big, strong, stud of #2 C whose existence can taunt us for the next 10 years. 

i hope he does well, helps creates more offers and GM/Owner bickering, spice things up a bit.:nuts:

3 minutes ago, DON said:

i hope he does well, helps creates more offers and GM/Owner bickering, spice things up a bit.:nuts:

Some Habs fans are just gluttons for punishment 🙄 Weren’t Macdonagh and Sergachev enough for you in terms of pointlessly lost assets?

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Those are my thoughts. Don't blame KK for taking the offer, just not cheering for him to do well. Don't need any more reminders of ex Habs doing well. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Some Habs fans are just gluttons for punishment 🙄 Weren’t Macdonagh and Sergachev enough for you in terms of pointlessly lost assets?

Kinda like putting head in sand isnt that. Hoping he is a bust and is sent back to Liiga next year, when likely few others would of turned down offer, same as Weber didnt long ago.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Kinda like putting head in sand isnt that. Hoping he is a bust and is sent back to Liiga next year, when likely few others would of turned down offer, same as Weber didnt long ago.

No sign of that much-rumoured long-term contract extension yet. UFA status beckons?

32 minutes ago, DON said:

KK been playing 10-14minutes/gm, 52.4% FO, 18pts in 37gms (39.9pt pace for $6.1m)

As a third liner he only has less points than three of our guys and, still has more goals than anyone we have.

5 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

As a third liner he only has less points than three of our guys and, still has more goals than anyone we have.

But he also would be 3rd  4th highest paid forward on Habs.

4 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:
6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Those are my thoughts. Don't blame KK for taking the offer, just not cheering for him to do well. Don't need any more reminders of ex Habs doing well. 

I don't necessarily blame kk for taking the offer sheet, but then again he was purposely holding out.  People can say that other players have signed offer sheets, like Weber - that is true.  However, can anyone name a player that signed an offer sheet and then bad mouthed the team that had faith in them and drafted them?  I'm fairly certain no other player that singed an offer sheet has done that like kk did.  ex:  Habs drafted kk 3rd overall (he wouldn't have been drafted top 5 by any other team, and likely wouldn't even been top 10).  Then the Habs put him directly into the NHL at 18, and as their #2 C, and somehow the Cannes are going to give him more opportunity?  That is clearly impossible, unless the Cannes made him their #1 C.  His entire attitude comes off as if he's a spoiled little brat.  

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

No sign of that much-rumoured long-term contract extension yet. UFA status beckons?

That has always been my hope.  i.e. with the sense of entitlement he seems to have he'll probably believe that he should receive a contract for $64 mil for 8 yrs, and the Cannes will tell him to go fish.  

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Of course he is on the 4th highest scoring team in the NHL ... there is a trickle down effect when defending against the top 6 wears down opposing teams ... makes comparisons difficult to assess.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I don't necessarily blame kk for taking the offer sheet, but then again he was purposely holding out.  People can say that other players have signed offer sheets, like Weber - that is true.  However, can anyone name a player that signed an offer sheet and then bad mouthed the team that had faith in them and drafted them?  I'm fairly certain no other player that singed an offer sheet has done that like kk did.  ex:  Habs drafted kk 3rd overall (he wouldn't have been drafted top 5 by any other team, and likely wouldn't even been top 10).  Then the Habs put him directly into the NHL at 18, and as their #2 C, and somehow the Cannes are going to give him more opportunity?  That is clearly impossible, unless the Cannes made him their #1 C.  His entire attitude comes off as if he's a spoiled little brat.  

That has always been my hope.  i.e. with the sense of entitlement he seems to have he'll probably believe that he should receive a contract for $64 mil for 8 yrs, and the Cannes will tell him to go fish.  

Really??? It’s not like the habs did him a favour by drafting him 3rd overall, when he wasn’t rated that high, or were stupid enough to put him in the NHL at 18.

I also remember when Weber signed his offer sheet with Philly he was  reportedly very unhappy with Nashville matching. But he had no choice, since he didn’t wait another year until he would have been a UFA free to go wherever he wanted.

he hasn’t shown he is a #1 centre, or even a legit #2 centre.

but the habs put him and themselves in the position for KK to

be offer sheet. First of all they made idiotic signings for Savard (not as bad as the Alzner contract, but a bad contract the day it was signed), and than to Hoffman, before they had their own players locked up. 

I said it at the time, and I’ll say it again, I’d rather have kept KK for another year even after the offer sheet (would have been an easy deadline trade to

unload, if he couldn’t be, or didn’t want to resign less than his offer sheet, OR I would have preferred we kept the compensation, than trading a 1st and 2nd for a 3rd line centre.

With Aho, the canes don’t need him to be their #1 centre, or even their their #2 centre today. He gives them good depth, and it’s a good gamble that didnt cost them much, and hasn’t hurt them in being a legit top 5 team in the league.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Of course he is on the 4th highest scoring team in the NHL ... there is a trickle down effect when defending against the top 6 wears down opposing teams ... makes comparisons difficult to assess.

Agreed, but I think, the Canes went for his upside, and a first is what most contenders are willing to give up for depth at the deadline. They just solidified their team early, and picked up a guy who has scored some big goals in the playoffs.

we on the other hand traded a 1st and second rounder for a 3rd line centre, who hasn’t help us avoid being the worst team in the league. Would we be any worse without him?

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I also remember when Weber signed his offer sheet with Philly he was  reportedly very unhappy with Nashville matching. But he had no choice, since he didn’t wait another year until he would have been a UFA free to go wherever he wanted.

This is true but he didn't go around complaining about the team.  The point was that Kotkaniemi bad-mouthed the Canadiens, saying Weber was unhappy Nashville matched Philly's offer sheet has nothing to do with that point since Weber didn't go around and bad-mouth the Predators after they matched.

• Like 2