Habs vs CBJ Jan 30 2022 7pm

DON

Gallagher back in I believe? 

:gohabsgo:

Hmm, I'm somewhat conflicted because they've spit up Pitlick and Evans.  However, I definitely wanted to see Pitlick and Poehling play together, plus they put Pezzetta with them.  That could be an interesting line.  

Montembeault playing like a goalie who gets no support from his team ... even when he is run over by an opponent ... oh wait ... he got no support when Kasian knocked him down last night and generally doesn't most games.

Clague fitting right in

• Upvote 1

Petry "A"-less

I think DD gets fired and has coached his last game. 

too many guys have quit on him, and most of them are untradable right now.

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think DD gets fired and has coached his last game. 

too many guys have quit on him, and most of them are tradable right now.

If Pierre Gauthier were GM, Ducharme would have been fired in the middle of the game. 

31 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hmm, I'm somewhat conflicted because they've spit up Pitlick and Evans.  However, I definitely wanted to see Pitlick and Poehling play together, plus they put Pezzetta with them.  That could be an interesting line.  

I'm not a fan of that decision.  That line had been working and it's not like Byron had to go onto the second line.  It's his first game back, no one would have faulted the coaching staff for easing him in on the fourth line to start.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Hes clearly quit on Ducharme.  His comments and his play prove there is something going on there.

Does he have a serious nagging injury or issue? 

20 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

If Pierre Gauthier were GM, Ducharme would have been fired in the middle of the game. 

I actually think wouldn’t mind that at this point. Maybe the team would show it has a pulse and at least lose with effort.

22 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not a fan of that decision.  That line had been working and it's not like Byron had to go onto the second line.  It's his first game back, no one would have faulted the coaching staff for easing him in on the fourth line to start.

I totally agree.  If they want to try Pitlick with Poehling and Pezzetta then I would definitely have Pitlick be the C on that line because he has better FO% than Poehling.  

I think it would make more sense to put Pitlick with Evans and Lehkonen.   Pitlick has an above average shot but he also seems to be an above average play maker.  i.e. he might be able to get other players to achieve more than they have previously produced.  ex:  he might be able to get Lehks to be close to a 20 g guy again, and  none of the other Habs could possibly do that.  

33 minutes ago, DON said:

Does he have a serious nagging injury or issue? 

I agree with Commandant that between his play on the ice and comments in pressers he seems to have quit on DD ... I doubt he has a nagging injury or an issue ... why would he play if he had an injury ... Drouin and Price have set the example for the value of the players assistance program for non-hockey issues ... and the Habs have made it clear they are willing to give leeway for personal issues outside the assistance program scope with how they have handled Edmundson.

24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its increasingly more and more clear that while Petry was the first guy to quit on ducharme, hes not the only one.

For sure.   The video clip GHT120 posted the other day was quite telling.  When dd called them all over Petry was in the defensive zone and he skated over center along the far boards and then picked up a lose puck and then went in on a breakaway in the O-zone before he headed over to the circle.  He easily could have been 1 of the 1st players in the circle but was 1 of the last players to join the rest of them.  

15 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I totally agree.  If they want to try Pitlick with Poehling and Pezzetta then I would definitely have Pitlick be the C on that line because he has better FO% than Poehling. 

Pitlick's 50% faceoff rate is on six draws taken all season.  He has taken 42 in 38 career NHL games.  He's not a centre.