Feb 8 - New Jerseys Devils versus Canadiens de Montreal

GHT120

Tuesday, February 8
 Morning Skate

LW                                                C                                                                                RW

62 - Artturi Lehkonen              14 - Nick Suzuki                  73 - Tyler Toffoli

41 - Paul Byron                        71 - Jake Evans                   17 - Josh Anderson

68 - Mike Hoffman                  45 - Laurent Dauphin           11 - Brendan Gallagher

40 - Joel Armia                       25 - Ryan Poehling              22 - Cole Caufield

55 - Michael Pezzetta             32 - Rem Pitlick                   13 - Cedric Paquette

28 - Christian Dvorak

LD                                                   RD                                                    G

27 - Alexander Romanov        8 - Ben Chiarot                    35 - Sam Montembeault

77 - Brett Kulak                      26 - Jeff Petry                      30 - Cayden Primeau

43 - Kale Clague                     20 - Chris Wideman                                                           

Despite being cleared to play after battling an upper-body injury, Christian Dvorak didn't skate on a regular line, which suggests that he won't face New Jersey.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Why what good would a wining streak do? We're in a good spot to win the lottery draft lets not blow it. 

Just a two-game one, please, to change a certain avatar ...

NJ 7 losses in a row...lets make it 8 and just fill the net.

If we are gonna win, might as well let some folks pad their stats a bit and feel good for a day or two (a shut-out would simply just be too much to ask for i suppose).Happy! Happy! |

• Like 1

Just now, DON said:

NJ 7 losses in a row...lets make it 8 and just fill the net ...

So you mean THREE goals?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Shots are 8-1 for Jersey and its 1-0.

Glad the team came out focused and ready to play after their break. Another checkmark in favour of the coaching

I was thinking before the game that some would say that if the Habs:

1. WIN, it was because the NJDs were tired after last night
  2. LOSE, it was because the NJDs got to shake the rust off last night

Much like the game, so far its looking like a #2

For 18 minutes, I thought the Habs played a decent period.  Those last two minutes though?  Yikes.  Primeau's not helping his cause with more bad rebound control but he's not getting a lot of help from his veteran defencemen either.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

For 18 minutes, I thought the Habs played a decent period.  Those last two minutes though?  Yikes.  Primeau's not helping his cause with more bad rebound control but he's not getting a lot of help from his veteran defencemen either.

It's the usual story -- both for him and Montembeault recently. The defence can do that and get away with it if your goalie is CAREY PRICE (all caps!) but not when it's a kid with limited NHL experience.

3 hours ago, DON said:

(...) might as well let some folks pad their stats a bit and feel good for a day or two (a shut-out would simply just be too much to ask for i suppose).

Well, that part certainly came true! It was just the other team doing it ...

• Like 1

In addition to we fans who watch this shyte, I feel sorry for the RDS announcers ... they work soooooooo hard to stay positive and emphasize the finest good play ... and there is so little for them to work with most every game ... less sorry for the TVA announcers ... although they also try to be positive under the same problem infested circumstances, they (IMO) too often tend to ignore problems and gloss over bad plays ... no idea about the TSN/Sportsnet guys as I haven't watched them in years and years and years.

NJDs are YOUNG ... 18 of the 29 players listed on Cap Friendly are 25 or under ... only 3 are 30 or over ... 16 of the CapFriendly list are NJD draftees ... no important UFAs amongst the 3 they have this summer ... NJDs may have 4th worst the "points percentage" in the league but it shouldn't suck to be a Devil's fan going forward.

Ugh. There wasn't much positive to take away from this one. Yes, Kulak scored a goal, but then he was on the ice for four goals against (and Petry was on the ice for five).

OK, Romanov had another decent game. -1 in this kind of a blowout is respectable, and that's despite taking more D-zone starts than O-zone. Chiarot stabilized by Romanov, too. Caufield looked better but used very selectively in the offensive zone. Lehkonen-Suzuki-Toffoli was decent when playing together but Suzuki looked far more lost when dropped into a random line.

Sigh. Kudos to me for watching (most of) this game.

Primeau had an .885 Sv% coming into the game ... 7 goals on 34 shots puts it around .874 ... this IS NOT development ... they need to trade for a goalie, even if it is just a "shooter tutor" and allow Primeau to go back to Laval ... if Poulin was on an NHL deal I would say bring him up.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

... That said 7-1 to them is nothing short of embarassing

Josh Anderson agrees it was embarrassing (13 second mark) ... He is honest ... got to respect that ... he admits "it is not fun right now" (2:02) ...