Feb 8 - New Jerseys Devils versus Canadiens de Montreal

GHT120

8 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

At least their consistent 

This is the worst Habs team I have ever seen - and I say this as a man who lived through the entire Houle era. Completely unwatchable. I find I barely even give a sh*t about any given game anymore. It’s like watching the other team play against big oozing splatter of diarrhea.

• Upvote 1

Why, why, why does DD still have a job????  The break was the perfect time to hire his ass.

We should suck, but this is beyond suckage. This team seems worse than the 80’s leafs whose fans were throwing and cutting up jerseys and a coming to games in bunches with bags over their heads.

Premieu should be sent down - May as well have a veteran career AHL backup in net for these blow-outs. No use scarring a kid for life. Caufield should be in the AHL. DD should have been fired 3 months ago, and I don’t think he is capable of being an AHL coach.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Shots are 8-1 for Jersey and its 1-0.

Glad the team came out focused and ready to play after their break. Another checkmark in favour of the coaching

Let’s see: Petry is chasing a guy behind the goal and is completely out of position, comes back in from of the net late and pushes the guy he was covering g over Primeau 1-0 NJD

(repeat 5 times)

bonus point for taking a stupid penalty where NJD scored 

he was soft, erratic, unfocused and disengaged ...

yeah, the coach should be fired for not benching him :spamafote:

adding a tweet about it, just to show that I am not the only one who saw it

Edited by alfredoh2009
added M-A Perreault's tweet
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Why, why, why does DD still have a job????  The break was the perfect time to hire his ass.

We should suck, but this is beyond suckage. This team seems worse than the 80’s leafs whose fans were throwing and cutting up jerseys and a coming to games in bunches with bags over their heads.

Premieu should be sent down - May as well have a veteran career AHL backup in net for these blow-outs. No use scarring a kid for life. Caufield should be in the AHL. DD should have been fired 3 months ago, and I don’t think he is capable of being an AHL coach.

Gort-Ghes are sitting on their thumbs keeping Primeau in Montreal for no reason

they clearly do not care for Ducharme and will not make any move for as long as they can make it last: not their mess, they are not cleaning it

40 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This is the worst Habs team I have ever seen - and I say this as a man who lived through the entire Houle era. Completely unwatchable. I find I barely even give a sh*t about any given game anymore. It’s like watching the other team play against big oozing splatter of diarrhea.

It was Ment as a joke comment. The consistent part was Ment as consistently being blow out. 

from Hero to Zero:

"taping Petry's right hand on his stick, so that he can have both hands on his stick when fighting for the puck. It si hockey not fencing... embarrassing"

I guess those who criticize coach are right, Ducharme should use tape :rolleyes:

I wonder who Anderson is referring to ? 🤔

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

yeah, the coach should be fired for not benching him :spamafote:

But; the GM likely wants him playing (better of course) and he has been key in a bunch of losses.

I really liked;

Petry chasing the guy across the ice in front of Wideman and the guy simply passed back to Petry's vacated side for easy goal.

on the positive side:

Poehling had a good game and Caufield showed some flashes

Chiarot had a decent game playing on hos off-side with Romanov

Byron looked more in-sync tonight, numbers not great but looked better than last game

Evans made some nice offensive plays, he seems to give a constant effort like Lehkonen

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

on the positive side:

Poehling had a good game and Caufield showed some flashes

Chiarot had a decent game playing on hos off-side with Romanov

Seems like Poehling is improving and hope he has a strong 2nd half.

Chiarot seems to be rushing up ice alot more than used to.

More kinda like Petry used to do often.

52 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I wonder who Anderson is referring to ? 🤔

That actually is a coaching issue. Dd has clearly lost most of the room. Petry has been dog shit, and has quit on his coach. That’s on Petry AND the coach. But he’s hardly the only one.

even Arpon is taking jabs at Petry

but heck! let's fire the coach instead... :rolleyes:

Edited by alfredoh2009
  • Like 1

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

That actually is a coaching issue. Dd has clearly lost most of the room. Petry has been dog shit, and has quit on his coach. That’s on Petry AND the coach. But he’s hardly the only one.

And Gort-Ghes not trading for a goalie... 🤫 shhhh 🤫 did I just criticize the new guys ? 🤫 shhhh 🤫

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

And Gort-Ghes not trading for a goalie... 🤫 shhhh 🤫 did I just criticize the new guys ? 🤫 shhhh 🤫

How much are we spending in goalies right now?? Probably more than any other team in the league. 
I don’t think there is a point in wasting assets in a goalie. Pick up some another waiver minor league caliber goalie. Like I’ve said in earlier posts. There is no point making a trade and giving up assets. They do need to send Premieau and Caufield down. And fire the damn idiot behind the bench, and hope that will get some of the veterans going again, so that they are more tradeable.

our D is a much bigger issue than goaltending, and I’ve been saying that for he last three years or so. The rat of the league is going for young puck moving dman, and we are signing slow big dinasours.

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

How much are we spending in goalies right now?? Probably more than any other team in the league. 
I don’t think there is a point in wasting assets in a goalie. Pick up some another waiver minor league caliber goalie. Like I’ve said in earlier posts. There is no point making a trade and giving up assets. They do need to send Premieau and Caufield down. And fire the damn idiot behind the bench, and hope that will get some of the veterans going again, so that they are more tradeable.

our D is a much bigger issue than goaltending, and I’ve been saying that for he last three years or so. The rat of the league is going for young puck moving dman, and we are signing slow big dinasours.

who is talking about giving up assets?

Habs would be better off with McNiven in nets and Primeau in Laval. They could trade for another AHL-ECHL goalie... :thumbs_up:

The two-headed GMs are teh idiots not sending Primeau and Caufield to Laval :rolleyes:

... and hoping that the veterans to be traded get going again is a futile as hoping for all trade sand draft picks to be home runs in 2022

I forget what you said 3 years ago about the D. the D was fine last season... wasn't it?

I do not know who the rat of the league is... and why it like young puck moving Ds instead of diner sours

Lol... i knew Ducharmes only remaining fan would find someone to blame.

Did Petry play well? No... but the shots were 8-1 to start the game.  The entire team, coming off a break, were not ready for the start of the game.  Thats undeniable and who does that fall on if not the coaches to have them ready to play.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Im still waiting on the stats that show the coaches are doing a good job this season? Where are they?

What is the one thing the coaches can take credit for when the team is a disaster in every area?

Petry has been horrible... but so has nearly every player on the team.  The issue is bigger than one player.

Of course if you want to post random tweets about how people feel on petry.  Just look up ducharme on twitter.  He is getting lambasted even worse.

The guy is simply not an NHL head coach right now.  

As bad as you might think this roster is... on paper its not even the worst roster in the league, never mind in NHL history... but on the ice the stats they are putting up are challenging the worst in history.  How is that acceptable coaching?

I really want to know.  Tell me the positives you see from this staff that they shouldnt be fired?  When they get blown out and are embarrassed regularly what is it they are doing?

This isnt a team that is trying hard and getting unlucky and is losing close games.  This is a team getting blown out regularly.  The arent working at all.  Any message the coaches might have?  The majority of the team is not listening.  It couldnt be more obvious that they have quit on him.

5 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Primeau is a kid.  Why not pull him after the second period when it was 5-1.

Why are we leaving a kid in the net to get shelled and give up 7.  There is just no defending this coaching.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Why are we leaving a kid in the net to get shelled and give up 7.  There is just no defending this coaching.

Ducharme has been pulling goalies (both Primeau and Montembeault) rather frequently recently so this mystified me, too. I wonder whether Primeau might have asked him to try to finish the game? I don't really see any other rationale for this.

7 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

... I don’t think there is a point in wasting assets in a goalie. Pick up some another waiver minor league caliber goalie. Like I’ve said in earlier posts. There is no point making a trade and giving up assets ... 

Nobody is talking about trading assets of any value for a goalie of any value ... the idea is avoid encumbering another "contract slot" by claiming a goalie on waivers ... Habs currently using 48 of 50 ... trade a two-way contract with little if any future for a goalie who can contribute as much/little as Primeau ... unless some idiot is looking to get rid of a good young goalie (e.g., Philly/Carter Hart, Boston/Swayman, etc.)

BTW - Primeau is 61st in Sv% out of 61 goalies with at least 10 games played ...