Game #47 Habs vs CBJ Feb 12 2022 12:30

DON

Did Romanov get an assist for that perfect set-up on the first goal?

Personally don't blame either Romanov (bad luck bounce) or Montembeault (he had to mov with the pass) ... now earlier in the play ... Chiarot obviously made a horrible pass and a little keystone cops in trying to then recover the puck.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

They were awful in the first 5 minutes or so, but seemed to settle down after that. 

Yep - they were completely lost early on but got better as the period went on (aside from the last minute).  Montembeault looks sharp.

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Romanov is having a rough night. 

He has had a few in the last few weeks.  It's not as if he's trying to do too much either and is making mistakes from that - he's just making some bad decisions with poor execution.

Chiarot started on a pair with Romanov, ended 2nd with Chiarot. If it continues in the 3rd, I like that adjustment. Both Romanov and Petry need to find more consistency this game.

Montembeault is so much better this game, not taking himself out of the play. His quick reflexes are better used when he is in position. I like his game. I wonder how much Petry's performance last few seasons came from having Price save his butt a handful of times every game and playing the puck behind him. He does not seem to be as quick as before and glides often looking for a teammate to pass the puck.

The forwards seem tentative, some good plays but no sustained pressure. Poehling-Caufield have a so-so game, but so those the team.

Gallagher and Byron are not at their season peak-levels yet, but this game is much better from them.

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He has had a few in the last few weeks.  It's not as if he's trying to do too much either and is making mistakes from that - he's just making some bad decisions with poor execution.

He went for a hit on the boards early in the 1st, I can't remember if it was the play before the goal. Montembeault is keeping the game close like an NHL goalie has to.

question: is it me or are the Habs in general slowing when they close to an opposing player instead of finishing their checks? There are a few players that are still body checking (Lehkonen, Romanov, etc) but it seems to many that more often than not, players slow down and try to block the passing panes instead of just finishing the check, special in the neutral zone.

6 minutes ago, DON said:

Yup, I know, that 2 on 0 wasnt Petry's fault.

like, obstructing the guy without the puck instead of defending .

🤫 🤔 … new system is really working for him, fits like a glove 🙄 

Its a game and a half with no full practices since st. Louis was brought in.

New system?  It will be a while before we see a new system.

The biggest difference is effort and energy right now but a lot of d have had bad giveaways tonight 

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its a game and a half with no full practices since st. Louis was brought in.

New system?  It will be a while before we see a new system.

The biggest difference is effort and energy right now but a lot of d have had bad giveaways tonight 

I am just quoting Petry 

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

... New system?  It will be a while before we see a new system ...

And it won't be a single "system" ... it will be a collection of "concepts" ... per what MSL said at his presser.

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

much better third

TSN690 Montreal is the Habs' English radio broadcaster ... on their pre-game show one of the "bold predictions" was that Habs would win both games this weekend ... thought of you right away.