Game #47 Habs vs CBJ Feb 12 2022 12:30

DON

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Perfect.

Habs fight hard and lose in regulation.  Caufield scores a goal.

What more can you ask for?

THIS season ... nothing.

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

the art of lowering your standards = being a Habs fan ?!:ph34r:

Do you want to win games and hurt the tank?

I dont.

I want competitive games where we lose a close one but not get embarrassed and the kids develop.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Do you want to win games and hurt the tank?

I dont.

I want competitive games where we lose a close one but not get embarrassed and the kids develop.

Pretty much agree with that,  but they need to win the odd one (but not too many) to keep morale up. 

They played an excellent third, deserved a better fate. 

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

That started around 1994-95 ... I haven't entered a season thinking they were a Cup contender since the 24th Cup.

15 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It's not about lowering standards. It's about recognizing the position they are in and figuring out what they need to do to be a legitimate cup contender again.  That's means rebuilding, nailing some high draft picks, developing well and looking out 3-5 years not next week or next month. 

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It's not about lowering standards. It's about recognizing the position they are in and figuring out what they need to do to be a legitimate cup contender again.  That's means rebuilding, nailing some high draft picks, developing well and looking out 3-5 years not next week or next month. 

Agreed. We're what, 8-34? What is the point of going on a winning streak at this stage of the season? Lose away, by God. And yes, let's start to see some development from the young guys, especially Slick Nick and Caufield.

Just great to see Caufield firing that puck and St. Louis must of told him to shoot it quicker or something that has helped? He definitely seems to be showing more confidence.:hyper:

Now another hat-trick game for Poehling would be something to see. He seems to be working hard and skating well at least.