Toffoli traded to Calgary

dlbalr

8 minutes ago, nhfarber said:

2022 1st top-10 protected.  If top 10 it becomes a 1st in 2023 plus Calgary's 4th. 

And (I believe) the 2023 first would be unprotected in that scenario...not that I expect Calgary to slip that far.

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:
Here is our report on Heineman from his draft year

Thanks for the article. I knew nothing about this guy. 

How many Pitlicks do we need - I know it was a cap dump 😊

Im hoping Chairot and Petry are soon to follow. I expect other moves such as a potential Gallagher trade to be offseason. 

I am full of hope for our future but I will miss Toffoli 

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:
Here is our report on Heineman from his draft year

if he becomes as good as Lehkonen (consistent, creating lots of scoring chances and defensibly reliable) this is a win. Having the brothers Rem and Rhett with their cousin Tyler is nice.

3 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

One thing that this trade also makes clear (if there was any doubt) is that the Habs are in full rebuild mode.  

considering the changes in the organization, a full rebuild is the right way to go. 

However I don’t see the Habs going for losing or tanking seasons to accomplish this. I think we trade our vets for picks and try and win with whatever we have. 

look at the difference in Caufield and Poehling already. Marty needs to hire a really solid Defensive coach to build up the back end. Ducharme and Bergevin don’t understand what modern NHL Dmen look like. 

I think Price should stay as a mentor as he transitions to back up duty - unless there is some major market for him. 

We will be champions again 

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

One thing that this trade also makes clear (if there was any doubt) is that the Habs are in full rebuild mode.  

Toffoli is about to turn 30, and would probably be 33 or so by the time we are ready to contend. And by that time he would have probably wanted another 4+ year contract.

So, yeah, this is not a one or two-year reset.

I would have wanted a higher value asset in return for Toffoli - a late 1st and a marginal prospect isn't much for one of our few guys on a decent contract.  Here's hoping the Flames fall apart and that pick slides into the mid-teens.

6 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Ducharme would not have been the one choosing the Clydesdale D option, though.

He was the one that continually played Savard and Chairot together. Two players with the exact same strengths and weaknesses who were routinely beat the same way game after game - because Ducharme did not use analytics or even have the common sense to listen to others who complained about it too. 

• Upvote 1