Game #49 Habs vs Blues Feb 17 2022 7:00pm

DON

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Nice job with the comeback.  It's quite something to see how much better Caufield has played since the coaching change.

Maybe some day we'll find out what the issue was ...

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Nice job with the comeback.  It's quite something to see how much better Caufield has played since the coaching change.

Yup, the stalled development of Caufield was the biggest reason i wanted the move.

40 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Montembeault kept them in the game and Caufield has found his confidence

Marty is making a difference

for him.

Guy Boucher (on RDS) was showing how the wingers are playing much higher than with Ducharme. It has been an adjustment brought by St-Louis that opens the ice for the forward and hps

the smallish Habs wingers (like Caufield)

Ducharme played the wingers closer, often leading to them being bottlenecked

Good on St-Louis

Edited by alfredoh2009
Added « on RDS » corrected name to Boucher

Yes, coaching change really seems to of helped. 2 wins in a row for once this season would be OK and of course, with all the tradable folks (Hoffman, Chiarot, Lehkonen in particular) having big games Sunday afternoon.:gohabsgo:

14 minutes ago, DON said:

Yes, coaching change really seems to of helped. 2 wins in a row for once this season would be OK and of course, with all the tradable folks (Hoffman, Chiarot, Lehkonen in particular) having big games Sunday afternoon.:gohabsgo:

I'll say it will be more than OK:

streak, streak, streak! streak, streak, streak! streak, streak, streak! streak, streak, streak!

:clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:  

streak, streak, streak! streak, streak, streak! streak, streak, streak! streak, streak, streak!

42 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

:clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:      :clap:  

I'm OK with one more ... just for your sake ... after that, no need to climb the standings ... just play well and win the odd game.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

For now, we have tied the longest winning streak of the season!

2 hours ago, DON said:

I think it’s now proven that a peewee cia h is better than DD. It’s not just Caufield. Despite still having a crap team - arguably worse after trading Taffoli, the team is actually playing significantly better, and given the personnel, they are playing closer to their ability. Seems to be a lot more structure, and more consistent effort. Much better utilization and deployment of players as well. Kind of improvement over the things a coach does have control over.