Vinny finally a Hab!

DON

Oh, good, about 15 years too late. I never had any respect for that POS, with his double-Dutch about how he wishes he could have played in Montreal, blah blah blah, when in fact he had every opportunity to play in Montreal and was too cowardly to take up the mantle and really make a difference to the team. F**k him. 

Bobrov is a very exciting acquisition, however. Boston and the Rags both had excellent talent pipelines under him and if he can continue that track record here, well, BOOM 👍 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Oh, good, about 15 years too late. I never had any respect for that POS, with his double-Dutch about how he wishes he could have played in Montreal, blah blah blah, when in fact he had every opportunity to play in Montreal and was too cowardly to take up the mantle and really make a difference to the team. F**k him. 

Bobrov is a very exciting acquisition, however. Boston and the Rags both had excellent talent pipelines under him and if he can continue that track record here, well, BOOM 👍 

I agree with this. 

Is it true that he won’t actually come to Montreal. He would only accept the offer if he can live in Florida?

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I agree with this. 

Is it true that he won’t actually come to Montreal. He would only accept the offer if he can live in Florida?

I've seen that in several places (of course they could all be referencing an unconfirmed report) ... would indicate to me that he likely will not fill a core management position.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I've seen that in several places (of course they could all be referencing an unconfirmed report) ... would indicate to me that he likely will not fill a core management position.

Yes, he's staying in Florida.  But for context, keep in mind that several elements of Montreal's prior management core (Timmins, Mellanby, even Burke who's still with the team) were never based out of Montreal so him not being in the city doesn't automatically preclude a significant role.  That said, his job title (special advisor) suggests a limited role.

Fair points

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agree 100%....I'm annoyed by the hire.  Not only would I not hire Lecavalier, I wouldn't let him into the building unless he was a paying customer.  F**k him.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I see signing everyone’s cousin Vinny as simply a PR move. Dude is still not actually coming home. 

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Dude is still not actually coming home. 

Does this matter to you and if so why would you care?

If it is 99% for PR, what is the matter with that? Doesnt count vs the Cap, so they can go nuts with those Molson bucks.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Does this matter to you and if so why would you care?

If it is 99% for PR, what is the matter with that? Doesnt count vs the Cap, so they can go nuts with those Molson bucks.

Oh, I have no issues with him not having to move to Montreal - his role may not require it. Just commenting on the “bringing Vinny home”

45 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Oh, I have no issues with him not having to move to Montreal - his role may not require it. Just commenting on the “bringing Vinny home”

Weber/Price "live" in BC, Petry in USA etc, so just dont see much difference. thats all

As was raised during the press conference, this appears to be VL dripping his toe into the ocean of NHL management, to decide whether he wants to wade in deeper as his children grow up (I believe he said his youngest is 8).

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

As was raised during the press conference, this appears to be VL dripping his toe into the ocean of NHL management, to decide whether he wants to wade in deeper as his children grow up (I believe he said his youngest is 8).

I think it would be very hard to get a Luongo to move from Florida as well, but hopefully retirement doesnt suit him. I would of been much much more excited if he had of been hired for same role. Or Skillsy75 to scout in New England, would of made my spring.

Of course both could be flops in roles like that, but just seem like 2 personable and smart fellas.

9 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I can't wait to see your reaction when they hire Marty Biron for Assistant Goalie Coach.  🤣