2022 NHL Entry Draft

Habs Fan in Edmonton

What are the chances that Wright does not go First?

Lots of chatter, but it is all just click bait?

I'm no expert but personally I want Wright, especially since he's a center.

16 minutes ago, sim.on said:

I’d honestly say close to 0%. There could be a team out there who likes slaf more or something, but I don’t think it’s MTL.

3 hours ago, sim.on said:

click bait, definitely

8 hours ago, sim.on said:

When there are reputable independent scouting services not ranking Wright 1st, I wouldn't simply dismiss it as click bait. Wright would be the consensus favourite to go 1st but it doesn't seem like it's anywhere close to a guarantee either.

I just read something that triggered a thought. Do you think Anderson and our 26th pick plus another pick would be enough to get NJ's 2nd pick this year? 

Forget my above post. I just read other posts talking about Anderson, our 26th and maybe Petry or another already dated defensemen. Question answered! 

8 minutes ago, REV-G said:

Forget my above post. I just read other posts talking about Anderson, our 26th and maybe Petry or another already dated defensemen. Question answered! 

Yes, there has been a lot of discussion about moving up in the draft. I have no doubt Hughes will try, he has a lot of currency (extra picks) to use.  I hope he is successful with the right deal. 

This young fellow (BIG, RHD) seems to be rated anywhere from late first to early third ... not advocating for the Habs to draft him but he seems very mature, certainly presents himself well:

57 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

This young fellow (BIG, RHD) seems to be rated anywhere from late first to early third ... not advocating for the Habs to draft him but he seems very mature, certainly presents himself well:

More expressive than the average prospect that’s for sure. I always laugh/lament at how monotone many hockey players are in interviews. 

I always caution myself from valuing a prospect because they’re charismatic though.

Interviews are almost more of making sure there are not  any red flags in my opinion. Sort of a “ok, he seems to have his head on straight, now how’s his game. 

I had the Habs in a 2 round mock draft yesterday with a bunch of prospect people from different websites.

I took

Wright

Miroschnichenko

Seamus Casey

Reid Schaefer

With the four picks in the first two rounds.

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I had the Habs in a 2 round mock draft yesterday with a bunch of prospect people from different websites.

I took

Wright

Miroschnichenko

Seamus Casey

Reid Schaefer

Nice haul ...

13 hours ago, dlbalr said:

When there are reputable independent scouting services not ranking Wright 1st, I wouldn't simply dismiss it as click bait. Wright would be the consensus favourite to go 1st but it doesn't seem like it's anywhere close to a guarantee either.

If the Canadiens were considering taking Slavkovski, don't you think they would have taken him to a dinner too?

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Wright

Miroschnichenko

Seamus Casey

Reid Schaefer

Seems like a sweet haul and likely had good options you considered at both flame pick and at 33.

9 hours ago, sim.on said:

If the Canadiens were considering taking Slavkovski, don't you think they would have taken him to a dinner too?

I believe I recall reading that they did ... at the World Championships ... and then met "socially" at the Combine, just not over dinner

On 6/22/2022 at 9:03 PM, Commandant said:

I took

Wright

Miroschnichenko

Seamus Casey

Reid Schaefer

Schaefer will probably go way higher due to his power forward build. That would actually be a really really nice haul!

Not so bold prediction, this draft is going to be all over the place. Off the board selections and many perceived drops. 

Outside the top 7-8, there’s a huge group of prospects that could go anywhere from say 9-30 imo.

A guy like Ohgren could go top 10, or slip far, maybe even 26. Even though this draft isn’t considering incredible (good depth though) it’s going to be really exciting to follow imo. 

Also, the Russian factor could pose an even bigger wrinkle this year because of the Ukraine conflict. 

gonna be chaos imo. Watch a top 10 talent like Yurov slip past 20. I wonder if it could even affect a guy who played in North America like Mintyukov

3 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Also, the Russian factor could pose an even bigger wrinkle this year because of the Ukraine conflict. 

gonna be chaos imo. Watch a top 10 talent like Yurov slip past 20. I wonder if it could even affect a guy who played in North America like Mintyukov

I suspect that *** IF *** the Russian invasion of Ukraine plays any role it may be more for players playing in Russia than for those who created some sense of separation by already coming to North America.