2022 NHL Entry Draft

Habs Fan in Edmonton

56 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Im not sure how we could get it done with Vancouver. We certainly aren’t trading Suzuki or Caufield and even the first overall pick isn’t enough. 

Tomorrow can’t come soon enough. The speculation has me buzzing

The Habs aren't the least bit interested in JT Miller, would not fit the rebuild plan at all, plus a UFA in a year. 

Media creates a lot of the speculation, there will likely be some trades but usually far less than what is hyped. 

I am looking forward to tomorrow as well. 

42 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Dorion said on TSN radio it is 50/50 if the Senators trade the 7th overall pick.  

It is rare that teams trade a top 10 pick.  I bet it doesn't happen because Dorion won't get an offer that blows him away. 

53 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The draft and all 32 GMs are in Montreal.  Naturally, the buzz about Miller is occurring in Montreal because that's where everyone is.  Dreger's tweet isn't actually saying the Habs are going after Miller (they're not).

I re read the tweet and you are right. 

I’m itching for something to happen 😊

TSN guys are indicating that the offers for Petry are not to Hughes’ satisfaction. I hope we don’t keep him but if the offers are poor then what do you do?

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

The draft and all 32 GMs are in Montreal.  Naturally, the buzz about Miller is occurring in Montreal because that's where everyone is.  Dreger's tweet isn't actually saying the Habs are going after Miller (they're not).

I was going to say. Miller to Montreal makes absolutely no sense. What I’m hearing in Van is that the Rangers have the inside track and that the fabulously-named Kaapo Kakko would be the key cog coming back. I could see that trade making sense for both teams, much like the Patches trade did. Who knows how it will actually play out, though.

40 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

TSN guys are indicating that the offers for Petry are not to Hughes’ satisfaction. I hope we don’t keep him but if the offers are poor then what do you do?

Then you keep him.  He's not a negative-value player to just give away for cap space.  He's still a top-four defenceman and when he's on, he's worth his contract.  There will be another window to move him at the trade deadline if it gets that far.  There could be a window to move him a few days into free agency whenever the dust settles on the UFA d-men as well.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Then you keep him.  He's not a negative-value player to just give away for cap space.  He's still a top-four defenceman and when he's on, he's worth his contract.  There will be another window to move him at the trade deadline if it gets that far.  There could be a window to move him a few days into free agency whenever the dust settles on the UFA d-men as well.

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

But wouldnt Hughes want to portray that anyways? To drum up competition or market for him as UFA frenzy opens up next week.

And to keep him may be best for the young guys, cant have too many kids on the d, till trade deadline anyways.

I can certainly see the benefit of having Petry around. He is a very good Dman and as Don said, he may help the young. 

I still hope he is traded before the season starts. After free agency would be the next likely window I guess. Failing that then maybe an mid season trade. 

4 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Think NJ would trade us the 2nd pick overall for Anderson Calgary 1st round pick and our 2nd? 

I doubt New Jersey will make that trade without one of Suzuki or Caufield being involved.

45 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Think NJ would trade us the 2nd pick overall for Anderson Calgary 1st round pick and our 2nd? 

No, toss in Suzuki, Caufield or Guhle perhaps. 

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

What if we add Florida's pick next year?

So 26th pick our 2nd round pick and Florida 1st pick and Anderson for the 2nd overall pick🤔

That would do it maybe, but not sure tossing kitchen sink at them is smartest for mediocre #2. When next year, could be the home run year for them...if all the stars align again...in a negative way seasonwise. 

Got the PVR ready, lets get it on!

Kinda doubt we need to listen to Pierre McGuire at least, too bad TSN wasnt doing it. 

4 minutes ago, huzer said:

Do they do parades on the usual route for 1st overall draft pick selections, because the lead up sure feels like it. Ha.

Once every 42 years, WHY the hell NOT!:gohabsgo:

19 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

What if we add Florida's pick next year?

So 26th pick our 2nd round pick and Florida 1st pick and Anderson for the 2nd overall pick🤔

No.  NJ wants a top-end player to move that pick and has made that abundantly clear.  A second-liner in Anderson and a bunch of picks doesn't come close to satisfying their want.  One of Caufield or Suzuki must be involved for them to even consider the idea.

Montreal and Ottawa are talking.  Ottawa is interested in Anderson and Dvorak.  You would have to assume it would involve Ottawa’s 7th overall pick.

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2022/07/06/nhl-source-ottawa-senators-interested-in-canadiens-anderson-dvorak/

TSN is reporting Chychrun may be in play.  Dreger linking him to New Jersey’s 2nd or Ottawa’s 7th, saying Senators less likely because of their LD.  

58 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Montreal and Ottawa are talking.  Ottawa is interested in Anderson and Dvorak.  You would have to assume it would involve Ottawa’s 7th overall pick.

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2022/07/06/nhl-source-ottawa-senators-interested-in-canadiens-anderson-dvorak/

I am always a little skeptical of these rumours but I have no doubt that there is pressure on Dorion to improve the team as fans in Ottawa are probably getting a little tired of rebuilding and finishing out of the playoffs.

If this trade happened it would almost insure Ottawa would finish ahead of Montreal next year. It would be a short term pain for long term gain type of trade for Montreal which I am fine with. 

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am always a little skeptical of these rumours but I have no doubt that there is pressure on Dorion to improve the team as fans in Ottawa are probably getting a little tired of rebuilding and finishing out of the playoffs.

If this trade happened it would almost insure Ottawa would finish ahead of Montreal next year. It would be a short term pain for long term gain type of trade for Montreal which I am fine with. 

I would love to trade for 7 especially in the event one of the top 2 RD guys drop there. 

drafting Wright and Nemec/Jiricek would be insanity 

3 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I would love to trade for 7 especially in the event one of the top 2 RD guys drop there. 

drafting Wright and Nemec/Jiricek would be insanity 

absolute insanity!!

2 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

TSN is reporting Chychrun may be in play.  Dreger linking him to New Jersey’s 2nd or Ottawa’s 7th, saying Senators less likely because of their LD.  

That would be awesome if we can could move them both for the 7th, and still keep the puck from Calgary!

6 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That would be awesome if we can could move them both for the 7th, and still keep the puck from Calgary!

Depending on what else comes back in addition to the pick, that would be quite a tank job, though - get ready for an absolutely horrible team over 2022-23!

(Not saying we shouldn't make the deal, just pointing out that losing two top-6 FW would likely turn us from merely a bad team to a world-historical abomination).