2022 NHL Entry Draft

Habs Fan in Edmonton

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think we sign a cheap vet.  Some like a Kulak. 

But I do think that we may be real young on D with Guhle, Barron and Harris all on the team. 

Think Kulak may get offers for more money and term than fit in the rebuild.

36 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Right. Dach is now the young C with size. He is our answer to Shane Wright.

Looking at this stats, I find it unsettling that his development arc has a decided shade of "Kotkaniemi" about it.

Damn, you're scaring me!!!

2 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

The scary thing is I worry BOTH Dach and Slafkovsky are Kotkaniemi like 

That would be disastrous!!!

7 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

The scary thing is I worry BOTH Dach and Slafkovsky are Kotkaniemi like 

Slafkovsky is a known streaky scorer.  I wouldn't sully him by mentioning him with Kotkanieni, I would say he'll probably be more like Pacioretty.  We will love him when he's on, but hate him when he's off.

3 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Slafkovsky is a known streaky scorer.  I wouldn't sully him by mentioning him with Kotkanieni, I would say he'll probably be more like Pacioretty.  We will love him when he's on, but hate him when he's off.

Armia 2.0 ?

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

He is no Armia. Love the pick.  Obviously 3 teams saw something in Wright they didn't like.  I like that Hughes didn't make the safe pick. 

I think it was the ceiling.  Slafkovsky and Cooley both have higher ceilings according to nearly every draft report lately.  I don’t know much about Nemec, admittedly.  Everything about Wright was his floor seemed higher than everyone else, and he was the most complete player in the draft, but his ceiling was lower.

It’s easier to teach a willing player to play defence than to is to teach a complete player to simply be better.

• Like 1

Wish there was somewhere that tracked the highest rated players yet to be drafted at each pick ... even TV folks don't seem to be doing it as I recall them doing previously 

23 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Obviously 3 teams saw something in Wright they didn't like.  I like that Hughes didn't make the safe pick. 

I dont believe that was it.  I think Hughes picked the rarer player.  There arent many 6'4" 220 lbs wingers that can score 40 g, but there are lots of C's that are 6' 190lbs.  The Habs have drafted a ton of C that size and they've all been busts.  Plus they have Mysak and Kidney who are basically the same size.

NJ didnt take him because they've drafted 3 C's in top 5 in the last few drafts so they took a dman.  Arizona took Cooley because apparently he is nuts and wants to go there, but he does have family that lives there.

I was wondering it Wright was going to drop to 5th, if the Kraken had taken the Chzech dman Jiric. 

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I dont believe that was it.  I think Hughes picked the rarer player.  There arent many 6'4" 220 lbs wingers that can score 40 g, but there are lots of C's that are 6' 190lbs.  The Habs have drafted a ton of C that size and they've all been busts.  Plus they have Mysak and Kidney who are basically the same size.

NJ didnt take him because they've drafted 3 C's in top 5 in the last few drafts so they took a dman.  Arizona took Cooley because apparently he is nuts and wants to go there, but he does have family that lives there.

Cooley is supposed to have the highest ceiling in the draft.  Sportsnet saying he's the only potential franchise player in this year's draft.

6 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Cooley is supposed to have the highest ceiling in the draft.  Sportsnet saying he's the only potential franchise player in this year's draft.

Have also heard he may have the lowest floor the top prospects.

Leafs picking in two slots ... Dubas on the phone with hand over his mouth ... hmmmmmmm

7 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Leafs picking in two slots ... Dubas on the phone with hand over his mouth ... hmmmmmmm

Doubt Mrázek is the last bad contract the Hawks take on this offseason ... 

6 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Please let us draft lambert 

Thankfully the Hawks weren't reading this board (LOL)

Gorton shown texting on his phone ... Hughes watching ... trade? ... post draft dinner reservations?

EDIT: Walking up so no trade.

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Thankfully the Hawks weren't reading this board (LOL)

Neither was Hughes apparently

8 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

So does tank for 2023 start after today 🤔

Don't see an outright tank, but do see a development year.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Don't see an outright tank, but do see a development year.

Habs will be swimming with the fishes next season