2022 NHL Entry Draft

Habs Fan in Edmonton

3 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Woah.   Good mock draft job right there !!! 

Kevin was the first one to bring him up at that slot.  Here was his writeup:

#75 – Montreal Canadiens – Vinzenz Rohrer, RW, Ottawa 67’s (OHL)

If Lutz has a legitimate chance of still being on the board at 61, the Habs might need to get lucky to find Rohrer still available this late. He is a strong board presence despite his smaller stature. One of the youngest draft-eligible players, Rohrer doesn’t shy away from physical play and wins more than his fair share of puck battles. This is a very Gallagher/Harvey-Pinard pick and one that is quite logical this late in the draft.

We're about 7 picks away from Montreal's next pick and Logan Morrison is still on the board.  The Habs would have seen him plenty this season with Mysak and Xhekaj on the Bulldogs and this is around where I've been expecting him to go.

We're five picks away from the Habs having three picks out of four.  Morrison is still on the board and I'd be happy with him at one of these slots.  Put him on an AHL deal next season and see if there's something there.

22 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I like the trade, next years draft is supposed to be deeper.

In the fifth round, I don't think there is much of a difference.

But this makes sense, otherwise we'll run out of contract slots with the glut of prospects from this year.

One thing I'm surprised with is that 4 of the 6 picks so far have been CHL guys.  Knowing they need to space the timelines out, I wouldn't be shocked if we see some international/college-bound picks coming up.

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Mainly defensive dman, needs to add some muscle to his frame before he can play in the NHL.... 

16:40 ATOI this past season, that's not bad for a youngster in that league.

Montreal has had some success drafting older QMJHL players late in the draft lately (Harvey-Pinard and Simoneau).  I wonder if they go that route here, especially since they haven't picked a QMJHL player yet.  Miguel Tourigny would be a candidate.  (I still want Morrison who is unpicked though.)

54 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Montreal has had some success drafting older QMJHL players late in the draft lately (Harvey-Pinard and Simoneau).  I wonder if they go that route here, especially since they haven't picked a QMJHL player yet.  Miguel Tourigny would be a candidate.  (I still want Morrison who is unpicked though.)

Good call. 

41 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I love how excited they are. I think we are going to love them

One thing’s for sure, had I not known what picks Montreal owned and you told me they’d walk out with Slaf, Mesar, Beck and Hutson, I’d be over the moon.

point is, that’s a REALLY nice haul regardless of how we got there.

Specifically now that Slaf is a Hab, I’m gonna be rooting for him hard.

6 hours ago, tomh009 said:

In the fifth round, I don't think there is much of a difference.

But this makes sense, otherwise we'll run out of contract slots with the glut of prospects from this year.

In a sense its like they are deferring picks to next year which also gives the new scouts and analysts an extra year to do their thing.  Hopefully the time will help increase the chance of them finding some gems in later rounds.