Defencemen

Left Defence Right Defence
Brett Kulak Jeff Petry
Alexander Romanov Ben Chiarot
Kale Clague Chris Wideman

no lineups yet

This is turning into a part-time job for you Don

• Upvote 1

And wouldnt be a surprise to see them win again vs pretty weak Sens on a 2-7-1 roll. Be great to see the Suzuki line stand out again and Petry keep playing 'better'.

Forgot Perreault was on the team. 

:gohabsgo:

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

A pretty even period overall.  Schueneman had nearly six minutes, it looks like he's going to get a real look here.

I'm actually really impressed by him.  Its funny, because I dont tend to notice him very often, but that is often the case with d-men.  It's common to not notice a d-man unless they royally screw up or make a great play.  I've seen Schueneman attempt numerous decent plays that didnt pan out, but I haven't noticed him make any big mistakes.  That's really what impresses me.  It seems like he could be a decent reliable 5-7 dman.  

18 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Hammond gets another win and looked pretty sharp in doing so aside from a bit of shaky rebound control.  I'm glad St. Louis let him start this one even with Montembeault coming off a shutout.

There is something about how he does those lil micromovements adjustments that impresses me.  i.e.  really good goaltenders do that, and he's doing it.  I think he could potentially be a really good reclamation project.  Numerous people have said to trade Allen and have Montembeault be the backup, but I'm wondering if Hamburgalur might be a better idea.  Time will tell.  If not, he could still be a decent option next year for their 3rd G just in case Price gets injured again.  

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

There is something about how he does those lil micromovements adjustments that impresses me.  i.e.  really good goaltenders do that, and he's doing it.  I think he could potentially be a really good reclamation project.  Numerous people have said to trade Allen and have Montembeault be the backup, but I'm wondering if Hamburgalur might be a better idea.  Time will tell.  If not, he could still be a decent option next year for their 3rd G just in case Price gets injured again.  

He looks good, but it's only two games. He's also 34 -- three years older than Allen -- so I don't know how much the Habs would be willing to invest in him going forward. But at the moment I'm feeling reasonably good about the Montembeault/Hammond duo for this season.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

He looks good, but it's only two games. He's also 34 -- three years older than Allen -- so I don't know how much the Habs would be willing to invest in him going forward. But at the moment I'm feeling reasonably good about the Montembeault/Hammond duo for this season.

Well, if a team wants Allen, I'd definitely consider moving him just to free up some cap space.  They could probably get a pick or a mid to low tier prospect and save $1.5 mil in the process.  If they move Allen I wouldn't use the word invest for the Habs to have a decent 3rd backup goalie going forward. 

In a year or 2 Monty could be close to being at a NHL starter material anyway and Primeau probably wont be NHL backup ready during that time frame anyway.  Allen is a decent backup, but the problem is if Price gets injured, Allen cant carry the workload.  In that scenario, if Monty is 3rd G he would have to called up and he'd probably be stolen off waivers.  However, if Monty was the backup G, and Hamburgalur 3rd G, its likely that he would clear waivers.

I'm not sure why so many point to his age being such a huge factor.  Sure, he hadn't played in an NHL game for years but he hasn't quit hockey.  I would imagine that he's improved since his last NHL stint.  Plus, there are goalies like Tim Thomas, who didn't hit his prime until his mid 30's.  Also, Mike Smith is almost 40 yrs old.

The Habs look like a Stanley cup finalist on the verge of getting Edmundson and Dvorak as reinforcement 

That Hugh-Gort really knows how to put together a roster

Hammond is here to.get us to the end of the season, nothing more.  Hes 34 and multiple NHL teams have had him and seen him as at best an AHL guy.  

He may not have been in the NHL but his body has plenty of miles on it as hes been an AHL regular.  Age will soon catch up.

And overall, Lets not compare him to a vezina/conn smythe winner like Thomas.  Its not happening and long term we need to be looking much younger.

For next year, I could see him in Laval, if McNiven is not signed: a veteran goalie available to be called up if necessary. Unless one of our younger prospects (Dichow?) is ready for the AHL next year.

23:20 for Romanov, nice amount.

5 shots for Gallagher and 4 for Caufield & Schueneman.:thumbs_up:

Suzuki won 14 of 20 faceoffs.

Habs have fallen back to 2nd place in the draft race.:(

13 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Really nice work by Dauphin to set him up on those.

He seems to have displaced Poehling ... suspect MSL may like his doggedness ... doesn't have Marty's talent but the work ethic looks familiar.

9 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... In a year or 2 Monty could be close to being at a NHL starter material anyway ...

Your optimism knows no bounds.

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

He seems to have displaced Poehling ... suspect MSL may like his doggedness ... doesn't have Marty's talent but the work ethic looks familiar.

Poehling 4 faceoffs, 8:18

Daulphin 12 faceoffs, 15:26 

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

The Habs look like a Stanley cup finalist on the verge of getting Edmundson and Dvorak as reinforcement 

That Hugh-Gort really knows how to put together a roster

I thought the trolling was a byproduct of the KK avatar

LOL