Mar. 5, Habs vs Oilers, 7 PM

dlbalr

Montreal.jpg

(These are from last game with a guess on what they'll do with Evans out - the lineup is not yet confirmed)

Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson

Hoffman - Dauphin - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Pitlick - Armia

Pezzetta - Poehling - Perreault

Romanov - Chiarot

Kulak - Petry

Clague - Wideman

Montembeault

Calgary.jpg

Foegele - McDavid - Hyman

Kane - Draisaitl - Yamamoto

Shore - McLeod - Ryan

Benson - Malone

Nurse - Bouchard

Keith - Ceci

Niemelainen - Lagesson

Broberg

Smith

4 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I will be at this one. Hopefully matumbo has a descent game

Good news for you - you get to avoid Edmonton's regional team that's calling the game.  That was torturous a few weekends ago and now we're subjected to Jack Michaels yelling into the microphone again. 

Nice to see Gallagher finally get one.  It's not an even-strength goal with a goalie in net so that one continues but it's just good to see him score.

Nice stop by Montembeault on Draisaitl at the end of the period...too bad that it's not even a save as the horn had already gone.

12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

making that save is a big deal psychologically, both for Montembeault and for the team.

Exactly, and that was a big problem during at lot of this season.  There was a serious lack of big saves that were goal stealing.  i.e. in a lot of games most shots that could be goals were goals.  Its significant when a Goalie can make a save on a shot that would typically be a goal.  

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Nice move Dauphin on that SHG!!

Son of a, they're challenging the goal, and he was way offside on that play.  

Armia broke up the pass at the blue line, and it was just over the line. Obvious on slo-mo, but on the normal-speed replay I would never have spotted it.

That was quick thinking by Monty on that 1 play to use his head to cover the top left corner.

I would have loved to have seen Cole try a back hand shot on that 1 play.  I haven't seen him do many backhanders but the the few I have seen his seems to be decent.

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Armia broke up the pass at the blue line, and it was just over the line. Obvious on slo-mo, but on the normal-speed replay I would never have spotted it.

Yep, in real time it was nearly impossible to notice the puck cross, but it was unquestionable that Dauphin was way over the blue line.  

38 minutes ago, Neech said:

I don't know how the Oilers' second goal counted after review. Luckily the result matters not a whit.

I'm guessing it's because Clague pushed him a bit towards the net.  Of course, there's no consistency with whether or not that's grounds for disallowing a goal, it's all up to the interpretation of the on-ice officials and whoever's in the situation room.

2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That was bizzarre.

It was because the refs felt bad penalizing Smith when he just stumbled rather than intentionally dislodging the net.

In better news, they missed an egregious high stick on an Oil a couple of minutes later. #incompetent

Anyway, Lehks with the insurance marker on a terrific play by Kulak.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Anyway, Lehks with the insurance marker on a terrific play by Kulak.

And Lehkonen. He spotted Kulak with the pass, then followed the play, and took the route across the front of the net to create the opportunity.