Mar. 9, Habs vs Canucks, 10:30 PM

dlbalr

Montreal.jpg

(These are from last game - several players are questionable and it won't be until later in the day before anything is confirmed)

Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson

Hoffman - Dauphin - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Pitlick - Armia

Pezzetta - Poehling - Perreault

Romanov - Chiarot

Kulak - Petry

Clague - Wideman

Montembeault

Calgary.jpg

Pearson - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Pettersson - Garland

Podkolzin - Horvat - Chiasson

Highmore - Lammikko - Motte

Ekman-Larsson - Myers

Hughes - Schenn

Hunt - Hamonic

Demko

Canucks have the best record in the Pacific since Boudreau took over at 17-4 (!). 

I don’t think they’re actually a top-tier team, but they have some stellar pieces and - a situation Habs fans know all too well - an absolute thoroughbred in nets.

They had Travis Green in year five of his coaching stint, waaay past the best-before date of most coaches, and still kept him around so long, without reason, that they may well have cost themselves a playoff spot. The latest in a long line of stupid decisions by Benning and/or the meddling team owners, the Aqualini real estate moguls. 

Rumours continue to swirl around JT Miller and Brock Boeser possibly being traded - although the talk has cooled somewhat. I’m not sure why anyone would trade Miller, who basically does everything and at a PPG pace.

OdWZqqXc?format=jpg&name=600x314 Back in lineup

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/pregame-updates-from-morning-skate-march-9/c-331634660?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=CHCcontent&utm_content=EN-0309-OptionalSkate

WTF

Thought i wouldnt have to PVR a Habs game for a change; but beer league conflicts with timing of course, so gotta anyways.:scared:

:gohabsgo:

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

Still looking for JDs first game under the new boss.  Excited to have Byron and Evans back though.

That's the best part.  The Habs have been on a tear, and for the most part its been 1 line per game getting the majority of the goals each game.   The Habs have a $10 million line sitting out right now that soon to return and they will start doing their part.    We will get a good look at the new and improved Drouin and finally get to see what Dvorak can do too.

I'm shocked by their recent hot streak, they lost to the Jets, wth!!  

That was an impressive save by Monty on that 1 shot.  It didnt look like much, but he hugged the post and covered the top corner, but that was totally needed because buddy sniped the top corner perfectly.  

What the Lehk?   Did he recently have laser eye surgery or something?  When did he learn to find the net?  

D'oh, not so good of save on the goal Monty just let in.  

22:30 for Caufield, nice.

Pitlick still doing well, nice pickup. Is he the best of the three Hab Pitlicks?

Lehkonen must of had heart to heart with St. Louis and he told him to attack the net more or something.

7 hours ago, DON said:

22:30 for Caufield, nice.

Pitlick still doing well, nice pickup. Is he the best of the three Hab Pitlicks?

Lehkonen must of had heart to heart with St. Louis and he told him to attack the net more or something.

He must have told him something LOL  His trade value has never been higher as teams see some offensive potential to go along with his great defensive play.  Who would have predicted before the season started that as of March 10 he would be the Habs second leading scorer?

Thank goodness for Perry’s timely turnovers to keep the tank going :nuts:

Go Habs Go !!!

Evans’ line was on fire and Montembeault kept them in the game. 
I wonder it Kulak and Savard aren’t similar in how they play? Maybe Kulak can have similar trade value as Savard had last year... I like how he plays 

16 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I wonder it Kulak and Savard aren’t similar in how they play? Maybe Kulak can have similar trade value as Savard had last year... I like how he plays 

Maybe not. Savard got a 1st and 3rd round pick.  Kulak might get a 4th. 

20 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Maybe not. Savard got a 1st and 3rd round pick.  Kulak might get a 4th. 

I know that is what most people, commentators, experts and non-experts believe.

... it is just that... this season, I have liked Kulak's play much better than Savard's. Kulak seems to stabilize Petry's game and continues to have good analytics.

am I the only one that sees that?

18 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I know that is what most people, commentators, experts and non-experts believe.

... it is just that... this season, I have liked Kulak's play much better than Savard's. Kulak seems to stabilize Petry's game and continues to have good analytics.

am I the only one that sees that?

I sincerely hope other GM's see Kulak the way you do.  He is a decent depth (3rd pairing) defenseman and will certainly generate some interest as contenders like to have extra guys to protect against injuries as the playoffs are a long grind. 

I like Kulak a lot more than Savard, and analytics likes him better than Chiarot as well. 

I'd re-sign him because I don't think the league sees him at that value and you can get him cheaper than the play he provides. 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I like Kulak a lot more than Savard, and analytics likes him better than Chiarot as well. 

I'd re-sign him because I don't think the league sees him at that value and you can get him cheaper than the play he provides. 

What would we need to pay? $2-2.5M?

If Lehkonen could regain his rookie season scoring touch, we’d really have something there with him!

19 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

If Lehkonen could regain his rookie season scoring touch, we’d really have something there with him!

I think that Martin St-Louis can have that type of impact on Lehkonen, and if he does then we should keep Lehks

46 minutes ago, Commandant said:

One X-factor with Kulak, in my opinion, is that he has been labouring his whole time in Montreal under the Julien-DD regime. There was no change in opinion about him when the coaching change happened; what we saw instead was continuity. And while that may just mean that he really is nothing more than a mobile #6-7 defenceman, it may also mean that he was pigeonholed as nothing more than that despite analytics suggesting that he is more of a #4-5 guy. 

St. Louis clearly represents a real break in philosophy with the previous coaching regime(s). So I'd be listening closely to what St Louis think about the guy when it comes to making a decision. The good news is that his value is so low, it's not a Lehkonen situation where you'll have to overpay in dollars and term for a bottom-end guy on your roster.