Defencemen

Left Defence Right Defence
Brett Kulak Jeff Petry
Alexander Romanov Ben Chiarot
Joel Edmundson Chris Wideman

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

We need to lose in regulation 

Will be tough, the Kracken also suck.

Habs are 7-3 and they are 1-7-2 in last ten.

18 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

We need to lose in regulation 

I agree, but the I think the odds are against that tonight. Habs are playing well, arena full of fans and the Kracken as pointed out have sucked recently.  I see the Habs as a big favourite tonight, it's been a while since you could say that. 

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Well, that was an interesting goal against.

I'm not quite sure how to assign credit for that. Montembeault made the save, saw Wideman and handed the puck to him to keep the power play going, but wasn't aware of Gourde behind him.

Wideman took the puck, but either didn't see Gourde or didn't have time to clear the puck.

And then almost a second SHG on the same power play ...

14 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I'm not quite sure how to assign credit for that. Montembeault made the save, saw Wideman and handed the puck to him to keep the power play going, but wasn't aware of Gourde behind him.

Wideman took the puck, but either didn't see Gourde or didn't have time to clear the puck.

That's more Montembeault's issue than Wideman.  It's his job to survey what's around him before deciding whether or not to put the puck in play.  Compound that with the decision to put it in the crease which is risky and the end result was ugly.

Pezzetta did well to corral that pass from Evans and somehow beat Grubauer.  And the bounce on Donato's goal certainly was perfect for Seattle.

54 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That's more Montembeault's issue than Wideman.  It's his job to survey what's around him before deciding whether or not to put the puck in play.  Compound that with the decision to put it in the crease which is risky and the end result was ugly.

Yeah, Wideman really had little chance to do anything, I'm sure he was not expecting the puck. The quick move made sense for Montembeault but not checking behind him turned out to be costly. Of course if Anderson hadn't lost the puck in the offensive zone we wouldn't be analyzing this. Oh well.

The 2-1 and 3-1 goals both had Seattle forwards wide open.

Not sure why Lekhonen wouldn’t have been selected - but I suppose it’s better to not get the extra point.

11 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Not sure why Lekhonen wouldn’t have been selected - but I suppose it’s better to not get the extra point.

Yeah, once we were down to Pezzetta ...

Anyway, we're three points back of both Arizona and Seattle now. And that's a good thing.

However, the power play was pathetic, I think the worst that I have seen under St Louis. 11:26 of PP time, and we barely outshot the Kraken, 4-3, during that time. Oh, and the Kraken of course did outscore us there, too.