GAME#60 Habs vs Arizona 7:00Pm March 15 2022

DON

And the shine on Montembeault is wearing off quickly, as expected.  He had his little run, now it's back to being an AHL-level goalie, just like the last time he had a good couple of weeks when he was in Florida.  Good time for Primeau to play now.

Ugh. Montembeault should have had that first one. Last one, maybe, but it was in the top corner, a tough save to make. Petry was cruising around on the first two, Kulak couldn't handle the forward on the third one, and Romanon mishandled the puck for the SH breakaway.

Plenty of blame to go around. But if we're going to lose one, I don't mind it being this one.

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Ugh. Montembeault should have had that first one. Last one, maybe, but it was in the top corner, a tough save to make. Petry was cruising around on the first two, Kulak couldn't handle the forward on the third one, and Romanon mishandled the puck for the SH breakaway.

Plenty of blame to go around. But if we're going to lose one, I don't mind it being this one.

It's certainly not on all him but it's another bad early goal that sets them back.  That's a killer and he's prone to allowing a lot of those.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It's certainly not on all him but it's another bad early goal that sets them back.  That's a killer and he's prone to allowing a lot of those.

No argument on the bad early goal on him.

But that was also $6.5M worth of D in front that didn't bother with defending. As with the second goal. I just saw no effort on either play.

How’s everyone feeling about Caufield? 😇