Mar. 17, Stars vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Through the first period we don't even have a GDT?  Really?

I was definitely confused as to why there wasn't a GDT.  I even thought to check to see if there might be 1 that I couldn't see but nope.  I was considering starting one but figured 1 of the other users online was in the process of doing it.  

That was a huge save and there were numerous others too, and by both goalies.  i.e. Schueneman made a sweet feed to Hoffman who was robbed.  

Good shot by Caufield for the power play goal.  Wideman has a little three-game point streak going at the right time from a trade perspective.

Tough break with Benn sneaking one through just after the Edmundson penalty ended.  Allen has been sharp tonight but that wasn't a great one.

Interesting ending.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen that happen before in a Habs game.  I was surprised that the refs initiated the goalie interference review.  I figured there was a good chance that the goal wouldn't be allowed.  

18 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The tying goal was a microcosm of Gallagher's season.  2 on 1, he keeps, misses the net entirely and Dallas comes down the other way and scores with Montreal's 2 still coming back.  Ouch.

I felt bad for him. 

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Interesting ending.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen that happen before in a Habs game.  I was surprised that the refs initiated the goalie interference review.  I figured there was a good chance that the goal wouldn't be allowed.  

They didn't.  The situation room did.  Anything after a minute left in regulation is initiated by the situation room.

Fun game.

Allen seemed pretty sharp, Caufield with 5 shots and Suzuki just such a smart player.

Pitlick 22:34.

Poor Gallagher, just seems to be struggling.

25 minutes ago, DON said:

Fun game.

Allen seemed pretty sharp, Caufield with 5 shots and Suzuki just such a smart player.

Pitlick 22:34.

Poor Gallagher, just seems to be struggling.

We definitely have at least a Batman-Robin setup with Suzuki-Caufield, I’m where they are in their maturity for now. Today I think both can alternate the roles they play.
of course it would be a lot better if we had a Superman-Batman duo😁

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

In an organization without much depth at C (again!!!!), your consistent message that we need to see how Dvorak does under St. Louis before giving up on him is on-point. Unless, of course, we are seriously contemplating being absolutely terrible for the next 2-3 years, we need Dvorak to be a capable 2nd-line C. Indeed, his service in this role would really help Suzuki. Plus his value is in the toilet anyway. May as well see if we can make a silk purse out of that sow’s arse.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Odds are, Dvorak is better than 99% of late 1st round picks or later will pan out.:spamafote:

at this point, he is better than Kotkanemi. Let's see how he does the rest of the season, he played well in this game

16 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I didnt want to win, but how is that not goaltender interference. He hooked his blocker as he was poking the puck. If this season mattered, i would not be happy about that

Same here. He clearly interfered with his blocker, preventing Allen to close the gap where the puck actually went in.

47 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Who's taking tonight's GDT?

Thin ... but it's there