Trade Deadline Day 2022

dlbalr

As is tradition, we'll use this thread for any trades that happen on deadline day.  Anything the Habs do will get its own thread as always.

Former Hab Nathan Beaulieu is back in the East as Pittsburgh has picked him up for a conditional seventh-round pick.

Are there really any "big" trades remaining? Especially around the Habs, it seems like most of the moves regarding the most oft mentioned players will most likely be summer deals.

What are your thoughts on the likelihood of Lehkonen being moved?

I'd peg it as slightly more likely than not that Lehkonen goes.  I honestly believe Montreal views him as a possible longer-term fit but I hope they realize the price point of such a deal could be problematic; his trade value will drop as soon as it's signed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, huzer said:

What are your thoughts on the likelihood of Lehkonen being moved?

I am betting his doesn't get traded. Management really likes him and the price is high. He is playing like he really wants to be here. I could easily be wrong but I think there is only a small chance he gets traded. 

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am betting his doesn't get traded. Management really likes him and the price is high. He is playing like he really wants to be here. I could easily be wrong but I think there is only a small chance he gets traded. 

I fear you may be right ... not certain THIS Lehkonen is the real Artturi ... but I don't expect his new contract will reflect that ... he could well be the new Armia cap-wise.

28 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'd peg it as slightly more likely than not that Lehkonen goes.  I honestly believe Montreal views him as a possible longer-term fit but I hope they realize the price point of such a deal could be problematic; his trade value will drop as soon as it's signed.

I believe that Hughes and Gorton know what they are doing here. And they likely have more information than we do, about Lehkonen, about what teams are offering and about the extent of the future cap issues. So, whether they decided to keep him or trade him, I'll accept that as being best for the team. But, no, he surely would not be traded cheaply.

19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Bryan Little's LTIR contract to Arizona.  That might put an end to the Weber speculation.

can an LTIR be used be the receiving team to offset salary cap?

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

can an LTIR be used be the receiving team to offset salary cap?

No, it doesn't create any sort of offset.  A player on LTIR counts against the cap in full; the team just gets the ability to use LTIR to offset it.

30 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Bryan Little's LTIR contract to Arizona.  That might put an end to the Weber speculation.

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Coyotes are taking on Brian Little's contract from Winnipeg.

How good a prospect is Nathan Smith?   Who would the Habs' comparable have been?

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

How good a prospect is Nathan Smith?   Who would the Habs' comparable have been?

Smith played at the Olympics and his numbers are a lot more impressive than Jack McBain's for an example.  I don't know much about him to be honest but it sounds like he's a pretty good prospect.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Eklund was actually the first to report Kahkonen was going to San Jose.

I guess it’s true that if you throw enough shit on a wall some will stick.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

No, it doesn't create any sort of offset.  A player on LTIR counts against the cap in full; the team just gets the ability to use LTIR to offset it.

same as the Habs are doing it, right?

Full salary added, LTIR off substracted

*** Not confirmed ***

EDIT

Still not official ... but ...

EDIT of EDIT

Not bad

image.png