Trade Deadline Day 2022

dlbalr

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Realistically are the Canadiens done for today?  Except Petry, every speculated player to be on the move has moved.  Petry is probably an offseason move. 

I think they have an AHL move coming at some point to give Laval some extra depth.

6 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Realistically are the Canadiens done for today?  Except Petry, every speculated player to be on the move has moved.  Petry is probably an offseason move. 

You are likely right but I wish it was done today cause it’s fun trading stuff. 

I think Gallagher is an offseason move too

20 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Perreault maybe for a 7th??

Allen maybe, or could be an off-season move.

I don't see much else. 

15 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

You are likely right but I wish it was done today cause it’s fun trading stuff. 

I think Gallagher is an offseason move too

I would trade Hoffman before Gallagher. I like Hoffman but I think he wold get a higher return than Gallagher; I also would like to see if St-Louis can help Gallagher change his game like he said he is trying to do.

So, Hoffman and Petry in the off-season for me

11 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would trade Hoffman before Gallagher. I like Hoffman but I think he wold get a higher return than Gallagher; I also would like to see if St-Louis can help Gallagher change his game like he said he is trying to do.

I think you might be right. Hoffman certainly has no future here. 

With Gallagher, it’s just a gut feeling but I don’t think They see him as part of the future 

14 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Gallagher is more urgent because the deal is so long and onerous. We can live with two more years of Hoffman (and he probably leaves at the deadline when he's UFA), but a broken down Gally at 5x6.5M is a ball and chain that we'd be lucky to unload on someone else.  

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Rickard Rakell, the Anaheim winger.

I thought PIT would trade for Lehks, I am glad Habs got a great return from COL

20 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Loving what the habs are doing, finally getting value for ufa's and rfa's that we don't plan on bring back. 

100%, Hughes did a terrific job today.  Justin Barron's and 2 x 2nds for Kulak and Lehkonen, pretty impressive. 

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Gallagher is more urgent because the deal is so long and onerous. We can live with two more years of Hoffman (and he probably leaves at the deadline when he's UFA), but a broken down Gally at 5x6.5M is a ball and chain that we'd be lucky to unload on someone else.  

I would look for a team with a $2.5-3.5M "bad" contract with 3+ years of term who hopes they can resurrect Gallagher ... rather than retaining salary ... you can more easily buy-out, or trade with retention, a smaller contract ...I say 3(likely++) yrs because by then the cap may be moving up and Brendan's AAV not be as much of a factor.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

We'll see if there's a taker in the summer when the salary is a little lower (I'm guessing it's still Arizona).

From the little that I saw of the press conference, Hugh (-Gort was not there) said he expects to be able to move Weber's salary in the summer

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Bottom line, you have to be really pleased with everything Hughes has done. A lot of good prospects to follow, entry draft should be fun and we will see what free agency brings. 

A 2nd & a 7th for Kulak, sweet jesus that seems alot for a #7 d-man. Or are Oilers that hard up for d-men?

I thought I heard it was gonna be a buyers market with 300 d-men up for offer? But, Habs got what they asked for, it seems.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

We'll see if there's a taker in the summer when the salary is a little lower (I'm guessing it's still Arizona).

I wouldn't rule out Tampa due to the cap hell they are in, but Arizona is probably the safe bet.