Game Thread | Senators Vs. Canadiens | 01/07/06

Spider-Man NL

man, what a period for montreal, looks like the team from the beginning of the year........but bettter!!!!!

what a difference with no theo in net as well, seems like the team has much more confidence going forward.

Théo's opposite-hand-switch to play the puck is hurting the Habs' breakout game in the "new NHL" -- the defense have to fall back, whereas Huet can advance the puck more easily, more quickly, n'est pas?

(*hic*) :blink:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... especially for us, from far Europe! :) :zzz: :D

i don't blame you.

you must get tired sometimes (or often)

I'm not usually a game thread poster but...

Will the real Montreal Canadiens please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?

We have a few requirements:

1. I'm not sure if this is needed before every game, or before every period, but someone has to go for Kovalev's knee and get him mad. I don't care that he hasn't really been 'flying' per se, but he's intimidting the hell out of the Sens because he's playing mean - and when a big superstar plays mean, anything can happen. We need fan volunteers to jump into the hallway leading to the dressing room, if necessary, to try and knee him ourselves, if that's what it has to come to.

2. Julien must be knocked in the head. Think of this as the same type of thing you threaten kids with when they make faces at you. You know, be careful or your face will stay that way? If we hit him in the head, maybe he won't go back to the same old lines. So, someone quick, HIT HIM!

3. We need to provoke an opponent into attempting to injure (unsuccessfully, of COURSE) a popular habs player each game so that we can get the fans roaring and the players feisty. When Markov has to come over and push Souray aside at the end of a period (you just know the media is going to blow that one out of proportion) to stop the big 44 from dropping to Neal's level, then we have guys on their toes and playing hard.

4. All games must be changed to the afternoon. If that means that stores are closed in Montreal during the day, and all work shifts are from 7 at night until early in the morning, well that's just the way it has to be. Might as well get used to it.

5. Everyone has to do EXACTLY what they were doing this first period. The fans, I mean. Go back to doing EXACTLY what you were doing. Remember your clothes, remember what you had in your hands, remember what you ate and drank and at what time you did it. If anyone deviates, hit them hard.

6. We must all try not to wake up.

5:00 am here

(*hic*)

so, for you, it's the other way around. evening games are daytime for you.

how can you listen to them? on weekends? during work? sick days? etc? :?-

I'm not usually a game thread poster but...

Will the real Montreal Canadiens please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?

We have a few requirements:

1. I'm not sure if this is needed before every game, or before every period, but someone has to go for Kovalev's knee and get him mad. I don't care that he hasn't really been 'flying' per se, but he's intimidting the hell out of the Sens because he's playing mean - and when a big superstar plays mean, anything can happen. We need fan volunteers to jump into the hallway leading to the dressing room, if necessary, to try and knee him ourselves, if that's what it has to come to.

2. Julien must be knocked in the head. Think of this as the same type of thing you threaten kids with when they make faces at you. You know, be careful or your face will stay that way? If we hit him in the head, maybe he won't go back to the same old lines. So, someone quick, HIT HIM!

3. We need to provoke an opponent into attempting to injure (unsuccessfully, of COURSE) a popular habs player each game so that we can get the fans roaring and the players feisty. When Markov has to come over and push Souray aside at the end of a period (you just know the media is going to blow that one out of proportion) to stop the big 44 from dropping to Neal's level, then we have guys on their toes and playing hard.

4. All games must be changed to the afternoon. If that means that stores are closed in Montreal during the day, and all work shifts are from 7 at night until early in the morning, well that's just the way it has to be. Might as well get used to it.

5. Everyone has to do EXACTLY what they were doing this first period. The fans, I mean. Go back to doing EXACTLY what you were doing. Remember your clothes, remember what you had in your hands, remember what you ate and drank and at what time you did it. If anyone deviates, hit them hard.

6. We must all try not to wake up.

I can agree with # 2. not as to the technique but as to the principle. same goes for #'s 1 & 3. :)

# 4... forget it... won't happen :wacko:

# 5? smells an awful lot like a superstition hmmmmm........... can't go for that. :(

bulis loses the goal to dandenault

and we're off #2 -

at WORST guys, keep pushing!!!

Julien is a genius!

they got away with one there

Edited by shortcat1

What did I miss?

4 goals in a period............. it almost looks like a 'the outer limits'

Edited by shortcat1

on a replay, they showed that, as dandenault fell behind the goalie, the puck nicked his skate so he gets his 1st goal in 40some games. :blink::)

4 goals in a period............. it almost looks like a 'the outer limits'

No, I was here for all of the first.... I'm in the UAE so a 2pm start means I get to listen to a game that starts at 11PM instead of 3Am. I meant what did I miss at the start of the second.

BTW as to Collin's #5 I already said I'd be up for the next game if they won and I will regardless of the time

Sounds like Ribs needs another trip to the pressbox

Go PK GO

Lets go Huet

Way to go Bullis and Saku

pk has done well - crowd counted down the pk time - :D

chris neal is a bad boy.... an elbow to rivet's head............ shame............... :wacko: