Kulak traded to Edmonton

huzer

In terms of Edmonton's picks, they don't have their third and fourth rounders this year while their second is encumbered with a condition as part of the Duncan Keith trade.  They have all of their draft picks beyond that.

Just now, TurdBurglar said:

If Allen is part of the trade, shouldn't that mean Koskinen is probably going to Montreal?

Smith would be a possibility too since he's signed for next season - it'd be a way for them to offset Allen's salary next year.

I will say this much - it's odd that it's taking this long for the return to trickle out so maybe there is another element at play.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Smith would be a possibility too since he's signed for next season - it'd be a way for them to offset Allen's salary next year.

I will say this much - it's odd that it's taking this long for the return to trickle out so maybe there is another element at play.

I do see what you mean with Smith, but Smith is Edmonton's starter, Koskinen has been playing so much due to Smith being made of glass.

Koskinen has a 15-team no trade list, the holdup could be getting him to waive as Montreal may not be on his list. 

5 minutes ago, Neech said:

2nd rounder is decent value for Kulak.  Now let's hope HuGort knows how to draft and develop.

A 2nd rounder is more than decent value for Kulak.  It would be more than I was expecting, still waiting for confirmation though. 

21 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I hope it’s not Smith - unless it’s like a 1st we are getting back. Last thing we need is a 40 year old as Price’s backup. Koskinan. Makes more sense gives a body for the rest of the year and gives them cap flexibility. But we should still get a 2nd and a good prospect if Kulak is also included and we retain 50%

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I hope it’s not Smith - unless it’s like a 1st we are getting back. Last thing we need is a 40 year old as Price’s backup. Koskinan. Makes more sense gives a body for the rest of the year and gives them cap flexibility. But we should still get a 2nd and a good prospect if Kulak is also included and we retain 50%

It doesn't sound like Allen is in there.  It looks like it's Lagesson and a pick (2023 2nd?) for Kulak.  The goalie stuff was just speculation on what the holdup was.

Just now, dlbalr said:

It doesn't sound like Allen is in there.  It looks like it's Lagesson and a pick (2023 2nd?) for Kulak.  The goalie stuff was just speculation on what the holdup was.

Thanks - just read that lower down and in the other thread.