Lehkonen to Colorado for Barron/2nd

huzer

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Reports are there’s a chance he plays his first game as a hab tonight.

Slight tangent ... don't know about Barron but:

rds:

Another favorable aspect for the Halifax native is his puck protection and the decisions he makes with the disc. It ranks among the elite of the American League for its low rate of turnovers

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Still not a fan of trading lehkonen. The Habs have a pile of deadwood contracts. Danault and Lehkonen should both be Habs. 

I guess am opposite, am fine with trades. Rebuild wont be painless.

19 minutes ago, DON said:

I guess am opposite, am fine with trades. Rebuild wont be painless.

Agreed, some pain is required to get us to where we want to be.  I guarantee if the Habs had signed Danault to the money he wanted then many on this board would have been unhappy including myself.  Given the Habs situation it is extremely doubtful Danault would have had a good year with the Habs. 

55 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Still not a fan of trading lehkonen. The Habs have a pile of deadwood contracts. Danault and Lehkonen should both be Habs. 

Perhaps true that Danault and Lehkonen should both still be Habs ... absolutely true that y=the Habs have too many deadwood contracts ... the latter made the former at very least difficult and perhaps impossible.

53 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Lehkonen could have been a good player to keep through the rebuild, and he is doing well (so far) in Colorado.

But our D prospect pipeline needed to be strengthened, Lehkonen would have been due for a big raise next year at the latest, and Hugo was able to negotiate an attractive deal.

He was one of my favourite players, played with 100% effort every night and never complained. But I accept that this should make us a better team in the long run.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Lehkonen could have been a good player to keep through the rebuild, and he is doing well (so far) in Colorado.

But our D prospect pipeline needed to be strengthened, Lehkonen would have been due for a big raise next year at the latest, and Hugo was able to negotiate an attractive deal.

He was one of my favourite players, played with 100% effort every night and never complained. But I accept that this should make us a better team in the long run.

Agree with all your points. 

6 hours ago, tomh009 said:

100% agree. I’ve always liked him even prior to this years production, but we needed prospects and picks and we aren’t going to be a playoff team for at least two years.

There were times in the last, where I used to wonder if he would miss when shooting on a soccer sized net and a goalie without equipment. But you could never question his work ethic and compete level. Of all the teams in the playoffs, I’d probably be happiest if he won. I wish we had a sweetener pick that would make the 2nd rounder a first if the Avs win the cup, or if he resigns with them. But I’m probably being too greedy, since what we got is probably more than we would have thought possible last summer.