GAME#64 Habs vs Chiarot 7pm March 24 2022

DON

Entertaining game so far.  The Habs are getting outplayed for sure but they're hanging in there.  Even when the shots were really lopsided (as it often was under Ducharme this season), it felt like they were playing relatively well.

Seriously, not a single poster on here watched this one?  The Habs made it interesting at the end with the Byron goal late not long after a very aggressive pulling of Allen with over 5 minutes left.  Lots to like despite the loss.

• Like 1

I was watching - really good game. 

not much to complain about - maybe Anderson penalties and Petry looking more like a 4-5 dman than the 2-3 I expect him to be. 

CC didn’t score but was very dangerous all the time. Suzuki is so consistent!!!

I liked Dvorak tonight. 

Romanov continues to grow - feels like he has a coach that trusts him more (Tho he does keep rising on the depth chart with every trade!)

against a top team in the league, Habs really held their own. Didn’t feel like they were outplayed as much as the shot stats might imply. 

• Like 1

Armia now five points in the last five games. Can he step up and be a consistent Lehkonen replacement?

Dvorak finally scored a point under St Louis, but I do think his game has been improving anyway.

Allen ... was great. Again.

And Florida has one hell of a hockey team. While the boys got back within one, we were nowhere close to deserving to win this one.

40 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Armia now five points in the last five games. Can he step up and be a consistent Lehkonen replacement?

Dvorak finally scored a point under St Louis, but I do think his game has been improving anyway.

Allen ... was great. Again.

And Florida has one hell of a hockey team. While the boys got back within one, we were nowhere close to deserving to win this one.

Didn’t we already have this discussion at the start of the year?

8 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

He is playing well, might score 20 next year. 

Assume your joking. Evans likely has better chance at 20.:popcorn:

21:04 for R Pitlick

Pez 6 hits in 5:40:thumbs_up:

13:16 for Petry was WAY too much for my eyes. God he just sucks, compared to how well he can play anyways. Pissed he didnt get traded perhaps?

Feel bad for Allen 40+ shots again.

Romanov has doubled his offense of last year, with 12pts.

Suzuki 4pts in last 5gms and on 60.2pt pace, basically exact same as last year (60.0), which is still better given this season of injuries and his all-round game i suppose.

Well welcome the mighty Leafs tomorrow, always fun match up. I would be OK with 2 pts and a big upset, hat-trick for CC.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Seriously, not a single poster on here watched this one?  The Habs made it interesting at the end with the Byron goal late not long after a very aggressive pulling of Allen with over 5 minutes left.  Lots to like despite the loss.

I watched it, but did not find much to comment on.

On the first goal, Petry was beaten in the neutral zone... but didn't post another comment on it because it is getting old (Petry just sucks and is regressing at 34)

Allen made some expectacular saves to keep the Habs in the game... I didn't post because it still makes me feel bad for Ducharme who did not get goaltending

Schueneman was beaten a couple of times, and showed hist best Kulak impersonation. Dollar for Dollar, Schueneman should be considered for the 3LD next year

The they trailed for a while and the game was interesting. But no Hab was noticeable for me. Thinking about it now, some positives:

* Allen played great,

* the team hung in there for most of the game

* Savard played well

* Caufield looked dangerous on the PP, but was physically over-matched at 5-5

* I love Edmundson's play

* Pezzetta-Dauphin-T.Pitlick had a couple of good bang & bruise shifts

10 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Didn’t we already have this discussion at the start of the year?

Are you talking about the Ducharme era? It seems that many players have upped their games with the arrival of St Louis.

Or have you not noticed?

Would love to see Armia get 20, 15 seems possible just not a good bet neither.

Or, would his contract (3 more years, but still just 28) be one that they may try and move in the summer, him or Byron (just 1 more year)?

54 minutes ago, DON said:

Would love to see Armia get 20, 15 seems possible just not a good bet neither.

Or, would his contract (3 more years, but still just 28) be one that they may try and move in the summer, him or Byron (just 1 more year)?

The problem Armia has had has been staying healthy.  He seems to get hurt a lot. He has scored 66 goals in 384 games, 14/82 games so scoring 15 in a full season is totally reasonable IF he can stay healthy.  He is still being paid too much but if he bounces back next year then he may have some value on the trade market. 

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Are you talking about the Ducharme era? It seems that many players have upped their games with the arrival of St Louis.

Or have you not noticed?

I’m talking to the discussion before the start of the season of Armia’s history of having flashes of production followed by black holes, and how is alway on the verge of becoming a 20 goal guy, but gets derailed by suckage or injuries.

He is what he is - a guy capable of having a few stretches to be a 10-15 goal/15-30 point guy. He’s always going to be a fringe 3rd/4th liner, never a legit 2nd/3rd line option. I think we need to accept him for what he is. The issue is he is grossly overpaid for what he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The issue is he is grossly overpaid for what he is.

Grossly, really? 

Big solid checking 10-15g, 28 yr old winger @ $3.4/yr.

10 minutes ago, DON said:

Grossly, really? 

Somewhat overpaid would be more accurate to me. When you factor in the 200k extra needed to balance Quebec taxes, he's probably 400k overpaid imo. I wish tax balance was in the cba.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Grossly, really? 

You have to look at the $ and term. For a guy that straddles the 3rd/4th line, that is a big over pay for the years on his deal.

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You have to look at the $ and term. For a guy that straddles the 3rd/4th line, that is a big over pay for the years on his deal.

overpay sure, not huge one, i dont think.