Jordan Harris signs 2 yr ELC

huzer

Hard not to like the youth core at d the Habs have. No guarantees but Romanov, Guhle, Barron, Harris, and yes potentially Mailloux is a good amount of talent. I’ve missed a few other decent prospects too

The news keeps getting better and better since the start of the HuGO era!!!👍👏

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lol thats a funny autocorrect.

Honestly. I should just turn off the auto correct on my iPhone. I love apple, but the autocorrect is horrible.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I'm happy he signed although I don't like seeing that many bonuses in there.  It won't be an issue this year but next season, it will be something to watch for. 

I think they pretty much had to pay whatever it took, given he could have chosen to be a UFA in August (although he wouldn’t have been able to burn a year).

I prefer this type of overpay for Harris than when we have overpaid payers like like Armia, Byron, Prust, or Savard.

9 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think they pretty much had to pay whatever it took, given he could have chosen to be a UFA in August (although he wouldn’t have been able to burn a year).

I prefer this type of overpay for Harris than when we have overpaid payers like like Armia, Byron, Prust, or Savard.

He had the leverage for sure and utilized it well.

4 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Hard not to like the youth core at d the Habs have. No guarantees but Romanov, Guhle, Barron, Harris, and yes potentially Mailloux is a good amount of talent. I’ve missed a few other decent prospects too

Norlinder. Maybe Brooke.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I'm happy he signed although I don't like seeing that many bonuses in there.  It won't be an issue this year but next season, it will be something to watch for. 

I’m pretty sure that Hughes would not have included them unless he had to. He strikes me as a keen, even ruthless negotiator. I mean Darren Ferris called him a shark. 

3 hours ago, Neech said:

Kinda weird how his ppg was lower this year than the last two.

Hopefully he can carve out a spot in the top 6 over the next two years.

He seems a smart player, who knows how to defend, can skate very well; but his offense wont ever be like a Makar/Josi.

I assume will get a sneak peak of both he and Barron at some point over next 17games.:hyper:

19 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Happy we signed the kid.

As a side note, I keep reading media types saying the Habs should sever ties with Mailloux. This really bugs me. I understand that he is quite a promising prospect in hockey terms. Throwing that away because Bergevin was an insensitive jerk is **exactly** the sort of ego/PR-driven move that has hurt the Habs so many times over the years. Work with him, help him to become a worthy Hab, reap the rewards.

I have not read those articles, but on your other point: the Habs have reported on the work they are doing with Mailloux. They are giving him a real chance

On 3/26/2022 at 6:23 PM, dlbalr said:

That's a good point.  I wonder exactly what his bonuses are?  Other than the something tied to winning the rookie of the year award or finishing in the top vote-getters for that, what other types of bonuses could they be?

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I have not read those articles, but on your other point: the Habs have reported on the work they are doing with Mailloux. They are giving him a real chance

I am glad to hear they are working with him; hopefully that will build him up into a better person,  instead of tearing him down like the "cancel culture" would prefer be done.  I don't condone what he did, but he was an immature kid when it happened. 

Bergevin also eff-ed up by drafting him, when he asked not to be drafted.  I wonder if that debacle will get discussed at an NHL GM or governor meetings.  I would think if a kid decides to opt out of their draft year, then that should be allowed.

22 minutes ago, habscout said:

That's a good point.  I wonder exactly what his bonuses are?  Other than the something tied to winning the rookie of the year award or finishing in the top vote-getters for that, what other types of bonuses could they be?

They're both Schedule A bonuses so they're not tied to one specific thing.  These are the ones that apply for him:

-10 goals

-25 assists

-40 points

-Top four in Time on Ice among Defensemen (in total and/or per game) on team (minimum 42 games)

-Top three in +/- among defensemen on team (minimum 42 games)

-0.49 points per game (minimum 42 games)

-Top two among defensemen on team in blocked shocks

-End-of Season All Rookie Team

-All Star Selection

-All Star MVP

15 minutes ago, Neech said:

So he'll burn a year of his ELC this season be an RFA after next?

No, not an rfa.

He will be an exclusive rights free agent... which is basically an rfa but one who cant sign an offer sheet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DON said:

Elbow-bending?