Mar. 27, Habs vs Devils, 7 PM

dlbalr

Montreal.jpg

(Lines are from last game with a guess on where Perreault/Ylonen will play)

Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson

R. Pitlick - Evans - Hoffman

Byron - Dvorak - Armia

Perreault - Dauphin - Ylonen

Romanov - Savard

Edmundson - Wideman

Lagesson - Schueneman

Montembeault

New-Jersey.jpg

(Lines are from last game)

Sharangovich - Hughes - Mercer

Tatar - Hischier - Bratt

Johnsson - Boqvist - Vesey

Greer - McLeod - Bastian

Siegenthaler - Hamilton

Graves - Severson

Bahl - Subban

Gillies

Barron, 1 shot, no major gaffs in 5:58 and looked fine so far.

8:57 for Romanov.:thumbs_up:

Just 2:15 for Ylonen, but love his quickness, kinda looked like bambi out there, being tossed into lineup i suppose.

Montembeault got his clunker out of the way early in this one.  He wasn't thinking much on that one, playing it on his backhand with a Devil right there.  You need to be a really good puck handler to attempt that and Montembeault isn't that.

24 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The rest of Ylonen's game is a work in progress but his shot is already quite strong.

Agreed.  I would like to see more of Ylonen to get a better read on him.

19 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Well, it's still a lottery, so our chances were always less than 26%, even when in last place.

But the "rest of field" odds get even better each slot they drop ... and ... the "worst case scenario" gets lower as well ... currently they could fall as far as 5th

Barron can really skate. 

I like how MSL used him in the 3 on 3 to best take advantage of that.

That's something Ducharme and Julien and Therrien never would have done with a kid in his first game.  They would have had some slow veteran out there. 

24 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

But the "rest of field" odds get even better each slot they drop ... and ... the "worst case scenario" gets lower as well ... currently they could fall as far as 5th

Well, whatcha gonna do.

Maybe get pick#4 and he ends up being best of draft class, wont know for few years.

They did a pretty flattering bit on Savoie, so pretty confident that the Habs will get a solid prospect with 1st pick.

For 2022 NHL Draft ‘offensive dynamo’ Matt Savoie, stardom has always been inevitable

Savoie3-1024x683.jpg

9 hours ago, DON said:

[...] so pretty confident that the Habs will get a solid prospect with 1st pick.

I am of the same opinion, top3 will be fine with me. I am enjoying seeing the players on the trade block on IR so that the Habs can evaluate those they may want to keep.

I liked Ylonen's managed minutes and Barron's overall play. Petry can be sent packing for whatever gets the trade done, Barron played better than Petry has played all season.

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Coach did it to himself.  Weve seen 20 games of St. Louis and its more than just goaltending that prompted a change here.

I think for 99.999% of people who have watched the Habs this season that is obvious. 

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

Barron can really skate. 

I like how MSL used him in the 3 on 3 to best take advantage of that.

That's something Ducharme and Julien and Therrien never would have done with a kid in his first game.  They would have had some slow veteran out there. 

Yeah, I could never understand that. 

Pairing Barron with Edmundson was also wise. Put the kid in a position to succeed by affixing him to a Steady Eddie veteran, as opposed to, say, putting him on the third pairing with another rookie or some marginal D-man and dressing them for six minutes per night. Which is also what our previous coaches would have done.

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, I could never understand that. 

Pairing Barron with Edmundson was also wise. Put the kid in a position to succeed by affixing him to a Steady Eddie veteran, as opposed to, say, putting him on the third pairing with another rookie or some marginal D-man and dressing them for six minutes per night. Which is also what our previous coaches would have done.

Kinda hope Petry is 'rested' for the rest of the season, doubt anyone would miss his play (dont care about his resale value).:ph34r:

19 minutes ago, DON said:

Kinda hope Petry is 'rested' for the rest of the season, doubt anyone would miss his play (dont care about his resale value).:ph34r:

Agree.  I think he has an attitude problem.