Slavin - DeAngelo

Skjei - Pesce

Smith - Cole

Starting Goalie:

Andersen

6 minutes ago, DON said:

:gohabsgo:

No one doing one yet, so WTH.

(dlbalr, or anyone can start a better one, please do)

I was just preparing mine when you posted ... it does have more detail but hardly an elite thread

5 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Looking at the Canes lineup I can see why KK didn't play a lot, it's a pretty deep forward group. 

Probably the most balanced team in the league. 

Taking a flyer on DeAngelo turned out well for them. Lost a Norris calibre defenceman and hardly missed a beat.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That second goal was a tough one - bad angle and Svechnikov got away with a pretty good hack on Savard at the blueline before the goal.  Evans looks no worse for wear which is good to see.

Savard has to pay attention to the puck a little bit too. 

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I feel bad for Allen - he's playing well, not getting a lot of help, and the penalty call was a bad one.  His mask was undone and that is hardly ever called even if hadn't come undone.

A  penalty for a loose mask?

In the Boston-Toronto game a few days ago, Swayman lost his mask twice, but there were no repercussions.

6 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

A  penalty for a loose mask?

In the Boston-Toronto game a few days ago, Swayman lost his mask twice, but there were no repercussions.

Technically Allen didn't lose noise mask he took it off ... RDS guys mentioned that while loose the straps were not broken,... if broken, that would have been a legit reason to take it off.

23 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Oof. What a clinic.

Not only did Allen make some great saves to keep it close but the 'Canes actually missed multiple scoring chances with bad puck luck (i.e., bounces, etc.).

Since their pick is going to the 'Yotes I hope Carolina goes deep in the playoffs ... and they look primed to do it ... would love to see the Laffs slip a bit and match up against Carolina in the first round ... a 6th straight first round exit at the hands of their former goaltender ... with Seth Jarvis (selected with the pick TO gave up for the Canes taking Patrick Marleau) scoring the series clinching goal.

30 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yep, we are a loooong way from being that good 

Agreed ... no need to rush the rebuild

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Not only did Allen make some great saves to keep it close but the 'Canes actually missed multiple scoring chances with bad puck luck (i.e., bounces, etc.).

Since their pick is going to the 'Yotes I hope Carolina goes deep in the playoffs

What? Hope the Canes go deep!!!!???? I hate them with every fibre of my being.... well, not quite, but i do despise them significantly. Why, oh why would you ever wish the Saku-almost blinding, KK offer-sheeting, Trolling, *(&^%$#@!!!! Hurricanes good fortune?! I hope that they roll into the play-offs and Anderson reverts to his Maple Leaf "glory" days. I hope that they never win a play-off series again. I want them to be that almost great team that just can't win it all. I wish them nothing but frustration and anguish until their great core ages out.  Seriously, that's almost as bad as hoping that the Leafs win a round. In fact, I fervently hope that  they do not meet the Leafs because two teams playing each other can't both lose. 

• Upvote 3

That was not pretty (i jinxed it perhaps).

Keep wondering why 2 Canes around net and no Habs, or some other slack play was going on. Then kept remembering the rosters do not compare well.

Same as vs Florida, almost Washington Generals-like.:(

Ylonen 2:56 & Barron 2:42 on the PP

18:36 for Pitlick, 18:40 Caufield

Wonder how will Harris do in his debut vs Tampa? Hope Wideman sits, but likely Barron.

tried to watch the game, turned it off three times and wen I went back I fast forwarded parts.

Hard to get excited about this team, they were out played and out coached

thank goodness got Allen who kept it bearable

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

they were out played and out coached

?

Possibly, but what coach could win a series with this roster vs the Canes? Bowman?

11 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Agreed ... no need to rush the rebuild

I was trying to think of the last time we had a team that could put on a clinic and control a game so thoroughly, with some reliability.

The 2015 team had its moments - they were close. Other than that, you have to go back to about 1994. Or maybe 1989.

Yeesh

23 minutes ago, DON said:

?

Possibly, but what coach could win a series with this roster vs the Canes? Bowman?

I thought the roster was not an excuse for losing

oh well, here is to embracing a loosing streak 🍻

Go tanking, Go! 

1 hour ago, DON said:

?

Not even Bowman, I think. Part of Bowman's approach was to work with the GM to build a winning team. With the team we have left after UFA losses (Danault, Tatar), injuries (Price, Weber, Gallagher, Petry) and trades (Toffoli, Chiarot, Lehkonen, Kulak) there is not much even the great Scotty could have done against the Hurricanes.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I was trying to think of the last time we had a team that could put on a clinic and control a game so thoroughly, with some reliability.

The 2015 team had its moments - they were close. Other than that, you have to go back to about 1994. Or maybe 1989.

Yeesh

For a Graduate level clinic ... 1975-76 (.794) ... 1976-77 (.825) ... 1977-78 (.806)