Marty St-Louis on medical leave, Michel Therrien to step in with interim tag

Neech

17 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Thanks the good Lord above for the date, otherwise I might not have survived reading this headline

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that clowns photo!!!

Torturing a fanbase almost as badly as:

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It was likely the only photo ever taken with Therrien smiling, bad memories. 

His face looks like it's going to shatter from the strain 

Therrien’s second tenure with us was statistically the best coach we’ve had in the 21st century. 

In fact, pretty much since the late 1970s and early 80s with Scotty Bowman and Claude Ruel.

6 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Therrien’s second tenure with us was statistically the best coach we’ve had in the 21st century. 

But Julien was shiny newly available cup winning French coach and Therrien seemed to of warn out his welcome, maybe player exit interviews the previous year played a role, who knows?

6 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

In fact, pretty much since the late 1970s and early 80s with Scotty Bowman and Claude Ruel.

That is a fair point, the Habs did have a couple very good regular seasons with Therrien at the helm. He wore out his welcome like a lot of coaches, had a couple stupid emotional outbursts and was a hard guy to like. 

I hated him from his first tenure with us, hated the fact that he kept getting re-hired while the far more meritorious Alain Vigneault toiled in the minors,hated the fact that he framed the fabulous PK Subban as a “problem,” and hated the fact that he stuck around long after his best-by date. And the behind-the-scenes footage suggested an arrogant prick who thought he was the main character. Good riddance.

24 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I hated him from his first tenure with us, hated the fact that he kept getting re-hired while the far more meritorious Alain Vigneault toiled in the minors,hated the fact that he framed the fabulous PK Subban as a “problem,” and hated the fact that he stuck around long after his best-by date. And the behind-the-scenes footage suggested an arrogant prick who thought he was the main character. Good riddance.

I’ve hated him since his selfish penalties cost us a playoff series in his first stint. It was comical when he brought up players making selfish decisions later. The decision to hire him also also was the initial dislike of MB. The handling Subban by both in their first year was also a mistake.

saying he has the best record of all habs coaches since Bowman, doesn’t really provide support that Therrien was a good coach. It just shows how bad the teams have been since Demers, and how we didn’t really have any stability in our coaches since than - even when we won or went to the finals in the 80’s and 90’s.  Hell, we even won a cup with McNeil and Perron, who were not good NHL coaches, but had teams with good leaders, and hit rookie goalies. 

I wasn’t happy with any of MB’s coaching decisions. I liked the out of box move to bring in St. Louis. We’ll see if he has a flash in the pan, or tends out to be as effective as Brindmour.

45 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’ve hated him since his selfish penalties cost us a playoff series in his first stint.

I remember that one. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.  A good coach knows when not to cross the line and you don't cross it during a playoff game that is not decided.

21 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’ve always liked Vigneault. I hope he stays active in Hockey and available in 4-5 years when St-Louis will be done