Apr. 2, Habs vs Lightning, 7 PM

dlbalr

Yeah, I enjoyed Harris’s wheels. I have a feeling a guy like him is going to benefit greatly from St Louis’s progressive coaching. He’ll be allowed to play his game instead of being forced to be Rick Green all the time.

Barron did well too, but there’s some awkwardness there; he looks to me like he needs more time to put it all together.

Extremely entertaining hockey game. 👍 Tampa deserved to lose just for wearing those butt-ugly jerseys.

26 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

They got lucky though. The rookies had probably 10 giveaways in that ot. But I agree. It's refreshing to see.

Every team that wins in OT has to get some bounces. 

26 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, I enjoyed Harris’s wheels. I have a feeling a guy like him is going to benefit greatly from St Louis’s progressive coaching. He’ll be allowed to play his game instead of being forced to be Rick Green all the time.

Barron did well too, but there’s some awkwardness there; he looks to me like he needs more time to put it all together.

Extremely entertaining hockey game. 👍 Tampa deserved to lose just for wearing those butt-ugly jerseys.

I for one loved Barron’s play especially when he levelled the Tampa player who hit Caufield after the whistle (Colton, I think)  then smacked another Tampa player. I think he is going to be outstanding. You are right though it may take some more time. Harris and Barron should be where Romy is now but the time Romanov is at his peak. Hopefully, that will be with in the next two seasons. 

8 minutes ago, PMAC said:

I for one loved Barron’s play especially when he levelled the Tampa player who hit Caufield after the whistle (Colton, I think)  then smacked another Tampa player. I think he is going to be outstanding. You are right though it may take some more time. Harris and Barron should be where Romy is now but the time Romanov is at his peak. Hopefully, that will be with in the next two seasons. 

He’s close to being a blue chipper, I’m just saying he’s got a gangly awkwardness to him that makes me a bit nervous. He’ll smooth that out with time, I imagine. 

For all my historic skepticism about prospects, the resurgence of Caufield, the addition of some quality prospects at the deadline, plus the upcoming draft and the pretty good play of the kiddie korps on D - not to mention a coach whose approach seems well suited to getting the most out of kids - has me, like so many others, feeling pretty optimistic that we’re on a good track.

That game was a lot of fun to watch..  Love the fight in these kids; they didn't fold when Tampa got up 3-1 like this team would have earlier this season.  I like the effort and attitude in the current lineup...would be happy to never see Petry or Drouin out there again.

14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He’s close to being a blue chipper, I’m just saying he’s got a gangly awkwardness to him that makes me a bit nervous. He’ll smooth that out with time, I imagine. 

For all my historic skepticism about prospects, the resurgence of Caufield, the addition of some quality prospects at the deadline, plus the upcoming draft and the pretty good play of the kiddie korps on D - not to mention a coach whose approach seems well suited to getting the most out of kids - has me, like so many others, feeling pretty optimistic that we’re on a good track.

Agree with all your points, the kids will develop well with St. Louis who will let them play without fear of being benched if they make a mistake.  They will be a skating team which will be fun to watch. Barron has talent but needs some seasoning, big guys take a little longer to develop.  The future looks way way better than it did 3 months ago. 

Lots of nice things about Kids and Ylonen isnt even mentioned.  Hes got four points in five games.  Looks really, really close to NHL ready.  That backcheck was big too.

The fact hes been barely mentionned is a good thing as it just shows how many youngsters are impressing right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1