Formenton - Stutzle - Brown

Joseph - White - Ennis

Gaudette - Gambrell - Watson

Brannstrom - Zub

Del Zotto - Hamonic

Holden - Zaitsev

Forsberg

GALLERY_NHL_MON.png

(Lines are from last game but changes are expected.)

Caufield - Suzuki - R. Pitlick
Hoffman - Evans - Anderson
Byron - Dvorak - Armia
Ylonen - Poehling - T. Pitlick

Romanov - Schueneman
Edmundson - Barron
Harris - Savard

Allen

I hate loosing to the Sens... and I hate tanking.

I hope for a loss in OT/SO so that it doesn;t feel as bad. If the Habs wanted a loss, Montembeault would be playing

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope for a loss in OT/SO so that it doesn;t feel as bad. If the Habs wanted a loss, Montembeault would be playing

That's still a point. I'll take a hard-fought 5-4 loss, please.

Interesting - Gallagher comes back in on the fourth line with Poehling and Ylonen with no other line changes.  I wonder if that means Ylonen might actually crack 10 minutes played tonight...

4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I'm personally hoping for a loss. I'd rather take a win against a top team (Leafs on Saturday night!) than somebody that we might pass in the standings.

Yup, that's my sentiment  but the Habs have had their way with Ottawa this year so likely a Habs win tonight, something like, perhaps 4-2.

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Yeah, but I am thinking big picture, that point might be the difference between getting or not getting Wright. 

23 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yeah, but I am thinking big picture, that point might be the difference between getting or not getting Wright. 

Since 11 teams will have a shot at the #1 overall pick both getting a point and not getting a point could be the difference in having the first overall pick, depending on which "slot" wins the lottery ... think it is better to say at having the best chance at getting Wright.

49 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Interesting - Gallagher comes back in on the fourth line with Poehling and Ylonen with no other line changes.  I wonder if that means Ylonen might actually crack 10 minutes played tonight...

Not so far ... I think one shift apart from the 40 seconds or so of PP time. And one bonus shift for Gallagher.

25 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Surely that should never have been a penalty ... ?

I didn't think that was much of one but I suppose that technically was interference.

A pretty eventful second period with plenty of good and plenty of ugly from both sides.  That doesn't come as much surprise, really.

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Our crappy penalty kill is gonna help this tank down the stretch.

Indeed. Our most-used D-man (Chiarot) is gone as is our most-used forward (Lehkonen). And even before the deadline we were much weaker than we had Danault.

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Solid game, competitive for 40 minutes, goals for Gally, Barron and Caufield, and then tank the third. 

I asked for a hard-fought 5-4 loss, I'll take this one.

Gally called out Stutzle's antics:

At first I rolled my eyes at Gally doing this to an opposing player during an abysmal season, but after reading the quote I think he did it the right way and didn't go too far or resort to too many old school platitudes.

Fun game.:clap:

The kids are alright.

Ylonen 4 shots in 11:50.

Barron 5 shots and pretty darn impressive 1st goal.

17:56 for Harris 2 shots.