GAME#72 Habs vs Leafs Sat. 7:00pm April 9 2022

DON

image.jpeg

Surely the stupid Leafs can win this one...ooops did i say that out loud.:ph34r:

Again, just hope the kids shine, all play 20+minutes and fill the net.

During his post-practice press conference, interim head coach Martin St-Louis said that Jeff Petry is "pretty close" to returning to the lineup after missing the last seven games with a lower-body injury.

There's a chance that Petry could play against the Maple Leafs on Saturday night at Scotiabank Arena.

Meanwhile, St-Louis doesn't expect Carey Price to make his highly-anticipated season debut versus Toronto. The team is taking things "day-by-day" in his case.

4 hours ago, DON said:

image.jpeg

Surely the stupid Leafs can win this one...ooops did i say that out loud.:ph34r:

Again, just hope the kids shine, all play 20+minutes and fill the net.

I have a similar sentiment even though I enjoy beating the Leafs more than any other team. An 8-7 loss in regulation with the kids lighting it up would be fine with me. 

3 hours ago, DON said:

If Petry does play, just hope it is the "good" Petry. we see.:pray:

A strong 11 game run to close the season could make his "dream" of being traded come true ... he should be motivated ... hopefully the time off allowed him to get his head straight.

3 hours ago, DON said:

If Petry does play, just hope it is the "good" Petry. we see.:pray:

Yup. I echo other people's view on him. Turn into a big pouty baby because you don't like your coach. Real winner. 

22 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Yup. I echo other people's view on him. Turn into a big pouty baby because you don't like your coach. Real winner. 

I know, but simply for value and rest of team, it wouldnt hurt to see him finish last 10 games strong, assuming he will be traded in the offseason.

10 minutes ago, DON said:

I know, but simply for value and rest of team, it wouldnt hurt to see him finish last 10 games strong, assuming he will be traded in the offseason.

It definitely benefits the team if he plays well. Traded or kept. Both scenarios are better if he plays well.

EOTP:

"Montreal enters the fourth and final game versus Toronto with a 2-1 series edge, looking to add the Leafs to a short list of teams they’ve gotten the better of in 2021-22. At the moment they lead one of the most dangerous offensive teams in goals by a 10-6 margin through three games.

Auston Matthews may be the talk of the league with his incredible scoring pace throughout the season and especially in recent months, but only one of his 56 goals has come versus Montreal, scored in a losing effort on March 26. The Habs have managed this after holding him to just one goal in seven playoff games a year ago."

2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

It was a lot more than just not liking his coach.

His family was also in Michigan instead of Montreal (where they have normally been) because they didnt like the quebec pandemic lockdowns.  

5 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

It definitely benefits the team if he plays well. Traded or kept. Both scenarios are better if he plays well.

It does benefit us if he regains his form, but for me, if he's out there being a useless mope again the next game or two, then I'd leave him out of the lineup the rest of the way.  We don't need a bad attitude around our young d-men, and if he's playing like crap, no reason to dress him.

I shouldn't read the Leafs chat rooms before the Habs-Leaf games, I get too wound up. You would think most Leaf fans would have a little humility since they haven't won anything in a bzillion years but no!  I don't care who wins the cup as long as it's not 1 certain team. You know who that team is. 

• Upvote 1

Just when it looked like the Habs were going to have Price and Allen for the first time this season, Allen goes and gets hurt (he won't return tonight).  Montembeault gets to stay as the backup even longer now (and perhaps start if Price isn't quite ready for Monday's game).

Tough first period all around - the defence looks really shaky.

A bit of a better second period at least.  Not sure Ylonen needed to be sat in order to have both T. Pitlick and Pezzetta in against a team that plays with a ton of speed but they're trying to find minutes for all of their extra players.

Well they competed right to the end despite having to climb out of hole is a positive. Caufield‘a snipe is another positive. Not picking up any points is something we needed.

on the flip side, looks like Dubas finally made a great move with the Giordano pickup. Not sure why Florida wouldn’t also preferred him over Chiarot - at a much lower cost.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Well they competed right to the end despite having to climb out of hole is a positive. Caufield‘a snipe is another positive. Not picking up any points is something we needed.

on the flip side, looks like Dubas finally made a great move with the Giordano pickup. Not sure why Florida wouldn’t also preferred him over Chiarot - at a much lower cost.

I think the reason they went for chiarot is that we saw in last years playoffs he (and weber) were able to physically abuse Marner and Matthews and shut them down when the refs put the whistles away.  Thats what they are counting on.  Him and Ekblad doing that.

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think the reason they went for chiarot is that we saw in last years playoffs he (and weber) were able to physically abuse Marner and Matthews and shut them down when the refs put the whistles away.  Thats what they are counting on.  Him and Ekblad doing that.

Yeah, I but Florida plays a totally different style, and as much as I’ve always hated the Flames (along with Bruins and Leafs), I’ve always really like Giordano. He’s just a smart player who makes others around him better.