How significant is the return of Carey Price to the Habs?

alfredoh2009

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I am ambivalent as should he per-chance return to his top form he could seriously screw up the 2023 draft for the rebuild

Yes...and if, as I think more likely, he returns as a good-not-great goalie, whose health will probably be up and down, he eats up massive cap space for the next four seasons.

On a human level, though, I'm happy for him if he is indeed finally recovering.

18 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yes...and if, as I think more likely, he returns as a good-not-great goalie, whose health will probably be up and down, he eats up massive cap space for the next four seasons.

On a human level, though, I'm happy for him if he is indeed finally recovering.

Totally agree on the human level ... hopefully everyone on here would.

It will be interesting if that (above) happens given his "I don't want to be a burden" statement ... suspect that is limited to being on LTIR and not his AAV on the cap ...it would be exceptional for a pro athlete to walk away from the $31.25 in real moneyPrice his owed over these next four seasons, but the burden reference was unfortunate as he will be a "cap burden" on LTIR or playing at the level he did when in nets the last two seasons ... playing like CAREY PRICE or retirement (99.999999999% certain that won't happen) is the only way he isn't a burden.