Game #78 - Habs vs Flyers - April 21, 2022

GHT120

I gave up after the 2nd. I may watch the 3rd, PVR, later

Price is player like he usually plays in pre-season, I'll chill ;)

in the replay, I saw the number 28 in the back of the player who made the hand pass... I must be wrong. The NHL issued a a communique acknowledging the mistake by the refs

No cohesion in the Habs play, they are showcasing their level of creativity and skill tonight

Systems are boring, anarchy reigns tonight. They rebelled in November, now they are going through the motions:

"Until they have become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."

George Orwell, ‘1984’

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If the Habs can hold on for a regulation loss, they will no longer be able to catch Philly... meaning bottom 3 is clinched.

And Seattle will just need 1 more point to clinch a bottom 2 finish, then we can hope for a miracle that Arizona might win a game or two. 

6 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

And Seattle will just need 1 more point to clinch a bottom 2 finish, then we can hope for a miracle that Arizona might win a game or two. 

Habs losing a game (in regulation or OT/SO) will also clinch bottom 2

After tonight's game MSL will NOW have to make a decision ***IF*** Price wants the net Saturday in Ottawa ... better for him to "get back on the horse" or take a step back and get some rest.

Don't like to see Price getting shellacked - hurts my pipe dream of him eventually getting traded to a contender.  Now I have to contemplate the possibility that he's broken down mentally and physically and will be a deadweight for the rest of his contract.

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

"Until they have become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."

George Orwell, ‘1984’

You see Orwell quotes get thrown around a lot these days, but you don't expect it on the Habs forums.

Oh well, at least the beatings will end soon.

Caufield 6 shots, Poehling 4 shots.

Pinard seemed fine.

Would like to say am happy for Hoffman to finally score, but just not a big fan of his.

Price hasn’t played in a year. It was entirely predictable that he’d have some ups and downs in his return.

The main thing is whether his knee is bearing up.

12 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I gave up after the 2nd. I may watch the 3rd, PVR, later

Price is player like he usually plays in pre-season, I'll chill ;)

in the replay, I saw the number 28 in the back of the player who made the hand pass... I must be wrong. The NHL issued a a communique acknowledging the mistake by the refs

No cohesion in the Habs play, they are showcasing their level of creativity and skill tonight

Systems are boring, anarchy reigns tonight. They rebelled in November, now they are going through the motions:

George Orwell, ‘1984’

Although I cannot understand your apparent belief that Ducharme was the second coming of Scotty Bowman, it’s entirely fair to ask whether or not St. Louis’s novelty and player-friendliness - and his supposed theory of “concepts” rather than “systems” - masks inexperience and lack of structure. Only time will tell.

31 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Price hasn’t played in a year. It was entirely predictable that he’d have some ups and downs in his return.

The main thing is whether his knee is bearing up.

Although I cannot understand your apparent belief that Ducharme was the second coming of Scotty Bowman, it’s entirely fair to ask whether or not St. Louis’s novelty and player-friendliness - and his supposed theory of “concepts” rather than “systems” - masks inexperience and lack of structure. Only time will tell.

I do not think that highly of Ducharme, I just dislike people beating down on him without acknowledging he was put in an impossible situation much like Randy Cunneyworth

by the same token, many have been to hasty to hail Marty as the second coming of Scotty

that is WHY I am going out of my way playing a troll on coaching. Trying to bring balance to the discussion because we all care about the Habs and we all hate seeing the franchise perform so poorly

22 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I do not think that highly of Ducharme, I just dislike people beating down on him without acknowledging he was put in an impossible situation much like Randy Cunneyworth

by the same token, many have been to hasty to hail Marty as the second coming of Scotty

that is WHY I am going out of my way playing a troll on coaching. Trying to bring balance to the discussion because we all care about the Habs and we all hate seeing the franchise perform so poorly

You were supposed to bring balance to the discussion, not leave it in darkness

Obi-Wan Kenobi series reportedly scrapped and being retooled - Polygon

29 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think that's fair. I was one of those that  felt bad for DD as he was put in an almost impossible situation at the beginning of the year.  Expectations were high and he lost a ton of experience, talent and leadership.  I know we have been over this before so I won't beat it to death.

A better test for St. Louis will be next year when that excitement of a new coach is not there anymore but you can't deny what he has accomplished with players like Caulfield. 

50 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You were supposed to bring balance to the discussion, not leave it in darkness

Obi-Wan Kenobi series reportedly scrapped and being retooled - Polygon

If I had that much of an impact on anything, I would be a politician 🤢 🤮 :1vomit:

St Louis doesn't have to be a championship coach because we won't be competing on that level for a while. He has to be a good vibes curator and prioritize player development. So far he looks solid in that regard.

17 minutes ago, Neech said:

St Louis doesn't have to be a championship coach because we won't be competing on that level for a while. He has to be a good vibes curator and prioritize player development. So far he looks solid in that regard.

Agreed. His big focus will be developing young players the right way. 

10 hours ago, Neech said:

Don't like to see Price getting shellacked - hurts my pipe dream of him eventually getting traded to a contender.  Now I have to contemplate the possibility that he's broken down mentally and physically and will be a deadweight for the rest of his contract.

You see Orwell quotes get thrown around a lot these days, but you don't expect it on the Habs forums.

Its his third game after a long layoff

I would say don't overreact to any one game if it was during a long season.  I'd say its even more so now. 

This is more about showing that his knee can hold up to NHL hockey then about how many saves he makes. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

This is more about showing that his knee can hold up to NHL hockey then about how many saves he makes. 

For sure. The big question is not whether Carey Price still has ability, he is still only 34, many goaltenders have played very well late into their late 30's (Mike Smith is 40 and playing very well right now).  The big question is whether Carey Price can stay healthy. 

11 hours ago, Neech said:

yeah, I know... it was over the top :rolleyes:

I was feeling crappy watching the Habs loose so bad and being asked (not by this forum, but by media and hyping any positives and hiding any negatives) to drink the Kool-Aid

I love the Habs, I can't wait for better days

Edited by alfredoh2009
clarified further how I (he/him) felt during the game

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

yeah, I know... it was over the top :rolleyes:

I was feeling crappy watching the Habs loose so bad and being asked to drink the Kool-Aid

I love the Habs, I can't wait for better days

I don't think anybody is asking you to drink the kool aid. I think for many here it's simply of case of realizing that any chance of making the playoffs was lost a long time ago.  So what is the best course of action going forward?  I think it's rebuild time and I think most here  feel that way. We are not taking out Florida or Tampa or Colorado in the near future. I think it's pretty obvious HuGo feels that way which is good.  So the next step is getting ready for the draft which should be a fun time for Habs fans as they have many picks/options.  Then it's trying to get rid of some bad contracts which will be HuGo's biggest challenge.