R. Pitlick - Dvorak - Gallagher

Perreault - Evans - Anderson

Pezzetta - Poehling - T. Pitlick

Edmundson - Petry

Romanov - Savard

Harris - Wideman

Price

GALLERY_NHL_OTT_0.png

(Lines are my guesses but this is who's playing.)

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson

Formenton - Stutzle - Watson

Kelly - Gambrell - Tierney

Sabourin - Kastelic - Gaudette

Chabot - Hamonic

Holden - Del Zotto

Brannstrom - Zub

Forsberg

This has the potential to be a particularly rough game.  The Sens have been critical of Gallagher's comments towards Stutzle after the last game and have elected to call up Scott Sabourin whose hands are better known for punching than actually playing hockey. 

Also worth noting, one of the officials tonight is working his second career NHL game. 

That's going to go down as a memorable first goal for Kastelic - he didn't even see it go in as he was already focused on the fight.

A pretty good period from the Habs overall.  I don't think they're finished with the rough stuff though.

I liked how the Habs seem to be sticking for each other. Gallagher is having a good game

If Habs can take advantage of Sabourin coming over to rough Gallagher up, they will score more than the Sens

Is it me or Petry holds on to the puck for ever. Like he is repeating his in his head: "one-steamboat, two-steamboat, three-steamboat, turnover" ?

Harris played well that first period.

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I liked how the Habs seem to be sticking for each other. Gallagher is having a good game

If Habs can take advantage of Sabourin coming over to rough Gallagher up, they will score more than the Sens

Is it me or Petry holds on to the puck for ever. Like he is repeating his in his head: "one-steamboat, two-steamboat, three-steamboat, turnover" ?

Harris played well that first period.

Agree about Petry,  I noticed that too, led to one bad turnover.   Harris is such a good skater, had one bad moment where he fell down but is looking real good. 

Price is channeling his inner Montembeault tonight.  I know it's rust (and some bad D at times) but this is back-to-back rough ones for him. 

Nice shot from Edmundson on his goal though.  Tkachuk dogged it coming back which left him wide open to find the seam and fire it.

Tkachuk dropped his stick tangling with Edmundson, and Edmundson cleverly kept his skate on it, so he had probably a five-second head start on Tkachuk, who first had to pick up his stick. Credit to Edmundson on a heads-up play.

I am glad I am not watching the game anymore. listening to the radio play-by-play of the Rocket game ... who is doing a bit better than the Habs in their loss

If nothing else, the third period from the Habs and Pitlick's goal kept it close enough for some of the rough stuff to be avoided.  Other than that stretch in the second period, they had a solid game.

It was ugly for a while, but the tam doesn’t quit.

I get the close proximity between Montreal and Ottawa and the number of Montreal jerseys that were visible, but it was comical to hear Stutzle being booed every time he touched the puck in his home rink.