GAME#80 Habs vs Bruins 7:00 Sunday April 24 2022

DON

47 minutes ago, DON said:

THAT is not good news  ... Price got bumped last night but it didn't look like a serious hit ... but for it to be an emergency recall I believe they must have no other goalie physically able to dress tonight.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

THAT is not good news  ... Price got bumped last night but it didn't look like a serious hit ... but for it to be an emergency recall I believe they must have no other goalie physically able to dress tonight.

I had the same thought - sure hope I’m wrong

Beautiful presentation by the habs ... am even better tribute by the fans by themselves

RIP Guy

Doesn't include the actual statements by the Habs accompanied by photos on the ice

EDIT:  The original Tweet had a much longer version of the video that included Habs video tribute.

• Upvote 1

Most surprising in some ways is the absence of ads on the boards ... ALMOST looks like when Guy played

Why do they think Petry is playing well lately?

He looks the same as has most of year, a 3rd pairing guy or a guy who has lost 1/2 a step.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

13 SA so far, 5:00 still to go. Not exactly a defensive clinic. Monty keeping them in it.

This team blows

As you more or less said in the other thread ... our D does not exactly inspire fear. Except maybe in our own goalies!

Petry couldn't stop Marchand on his way across the back of the net and CC got his pocket picked allowing BM to set up the shot that set up the goal ... shame for Montembeault.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

As you more or less said in the other thread ... our D does not exactly inspire fear. Except maybe in our own goalies!

Reminds me of Gump Worsley’s quip when he was in New York and a reporter asked him which team gave him the most trouble: “The Rangers!”

• Like 1

Huala was lucky he didn't touch the puck when he initially whiffed

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Technically, they have to declare an injury of some sort to get the emergency recall but it sounds like it's just rest.

12 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Huala was lucky he didn't touch the puck when he initially whiffed

He was lucky to get the penalty shot too.  We've seen a lot more penalty-shot worthy plays get called two-minute minors compared to that one.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

No reason to play him, I think they just wanted to get him some games before the season ended. Now there's no need to risk anything.