GAME#81 - Habs vs Rangers - 7:30 - Wednesday April 27, 2022

GHT120

32 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

They are stupid for winning this game.  If they get a point in the next one, and AZ loses in reg, we are no longer in last place.  That would be a disaster.  IMO healthy scratch every skill guy you can to 'take a look' at kids from Laval who have never been called up before.

Arizona wins tonight.

Thats a clincher.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

What, the players are supposed to go out there and throw games deliberately?  No.  Their job is to go out and try to win games.  Them purposely trying to lose would be stupid.

Laval - who's in a playoff battle right now - played tonight and play tomorrow.  They're not risking injury to those players by making them play three in three to overtly throw a game and draw the ire of the league in the process.  Remember, finishing last is no guarantee of anything and only changes the odds by a small percentage.  And also remember, the Habs are a lousy team this season that's perfectly capable of losing a game without resorting to that.

And also, Arizona somehow came back from three goals to force OT against Dallas.  If they get the extra point, the Habs are guaranteed to finish last even with the win tonight.

What’s amazing is Dallas can wrap things up for themselves, and are icing a full lineup, and the frigging coyotes came back. NYR were basically testing this as a training camp game, which made it easier for us 

Just now, Commandant said:

Arizona wins tonight.

Thats a clincher.

Yes! I don’t know what I’d harder for me to believe - I’d be cheering for the coyotes to win, or that the coyotes actually won.

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Arizona wins tonight.

Thats a clincher.

Glad the Coyotes wanted to get in on the stupid wins contest with our guys...bailed us out.

1g 6 shots for Poehling, sign of life at least.

R.Pitlick still looking good for a rookie and 17:17 Marty must still be a fan, 3 shots at least, couple nice scoring chances.

BIG FINISH upcoming!:gohabsgo: