Bourque - Schnarr - Teasdale
Gignac - Paquette - Ylonen
Martel - Beaudin - Smith-Pelly

Ouellet - Belpedio
Schueneman - Paquette-Bisson

Niku - Dello

Poulin

syr14_200-150x150.png

(Lines are from last game but Syracuse is expected to rest some players)

Koepke - Nash - Richard

Fortier - Dumont - Elie

Goncalves - Hudon - Barre-Boulet

Walcott - Ryfors - Labrie

Jones - Raddysh

Hora - Perbix

Carlile - Green

Lagace

Puck drop is at 7 PM ET and can be listened to here.

If Laval gets a point, they finish third, avoid the play-in, and play Syracuse.  If they lose in regulation, they drop to fourth and play Rochester in a best-of-three play-in round.

Wonder when (if) Brook will play for Laval?

Any word on Heineman's progress?

Schueneman pointless since demoted, wonder how he has played in the 4 games?

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, DON said:

Wonder when (if) Brook will play for Laval?

Any word on Heineman's progress?

Schueneman pointless since demoted, wonder how he has played in the 4 games?

I wouldn't expect Brook in Laval's lineup anytime soon - they'd have to be down several defencemen.  He's not playing well in Trois-Rivieres.

Heineman has been skating on his own.  I don't think he has skated with Laval yet so he's unlikely to be ready to start the playoffs and since he hasn't played with them before, would they be comfortable with him making his debut in a playoff game?  I'd say yes as there are some fillers in the lineup that don't do much but that's just me.

Schueneman wasn't a big point producer before so that's not a big concern.  He moved up to the second pairing the other day which is a good sign.

14 hours ago, dlbalr said:

... Bad news - Belpedio's out for the rest of the game ...

13 hours ago, dlbalr said:

... It sounds like the best-of-five opening round against Syracuse will start on Friday.

Good news ... the trip to the hospital was reported by The Rocket as for "precautionary reasons" ... so he has time to possibly get healthy (or at least healthy enough).

12 hours ago, DON said:

I like the Schnarr and Teasdale play in their trio. They have been raking up the points since paired together

Poulin has done really well this season and iMHO should earn consideration as an NHL 3rd goalie next season

26 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I like the Schnarr and Teasdale play in their trio. They have been raking up the points since paired together

Poulin has done really well this season and iMHO should earn consideration as an NHL 3rd goalie next season

That line has shown it can be an effective checking trio while still producing offensively.  The lines change frequently but they've kept that one together for a while and it has certainly paid off.

Poulin's 32 and his first stint as an NHL goalie years ago didn't go well.  There's a reason he has bounced around a lot as of late with many of the stops being lower leagues overseas.  This was the best season of his career but at his age, is it an outlier or a sign of things to come?  Odds are it's the former, not the latter.  He's worth retaining on an AHL deal but I can't see an NHL team thinking he's a third-stringer.