2022 NHL Playoffs

Neech

cut-1.jpg?w=1024

Some mouth-watering first round series! The Leafs have the hardest road possible on paper, and hopefully the Bruins are a quick out. Can Danault and Kopitar slow down McDavid and Draisatl? Can Colorado and Calgary continue their regular season dominance? Do Crosby and co. have another run in them? St Louis - Minny looks to be a bloodbath. Which team or series are you most excited to watch?

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

What? The season isn't over yet?

I'm taking a break from watching hockey for now. Maybe later in the playoffs, but not the first round at least.

The first round is the best!  Nice to be in Edmonton as you can watch hockey from 5pm - 11Pm almost every night. 

The Tampa - Leaf series should be fun.  Of course I will be following the Oilers carefully, if Mike Smith stays hot then they can do some damage. 

52 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Go, Lightning, go - at least for this round.

Agree, we need;

1) Leafs to lose

2) Calgary to go out in the 1st two rounds so their  pick is higher

3) Florida to win the cup in a long hard run so they will come back satisfied next year and have a letdown

I won't be watching games start to finish ... but will "audit" some.

I am cheering for:

1. TBL to extend Leafs 1st round futility (Caps or Panthers can then sweep the Bolts in the 2nd round for all I care)
  2. Avs and Oilers as I would like to see a McDavid vs MacKinnon Western Finals matchup
  3. Stars ... to optimize the pick Habs get from Calgary (sadly 25th at best I believe)
  4. Panthers for the Cup Final so they can mirror the Habs 21/22 season and finish 32nd next season (hey ... I buy lottery tickets)

18 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree, we need;

1) Leafs to lose

2) Calgary to go out in the 1st two rounds so their  pick is higher

3) Florida to win the cup in a long hard run so they will come back satisfied next year and have a letdown

I’m with you on all 3, and will also add I’d like to see Edmonton and Boston to lose - too many oilers fans I know, and I’d hate to see Holland win, given the crap job he’s done. and well the the Bruins are just the enemy.

I probably wont watch though.it’s funny my son was asking me who I’m going to cheer for now the habs are out and I told him no one. I’ll always cheer against the bruins, Leafs and Flames, and I may cheer for whoever plays them, but can’t actually bring myself to root for any other team. I’ll cheer for a player at times when the habs aren’t in (was happy Ovechkin finally won, but wasn’t really rooting for the Caps).

• Like 1

I hope this is another case of start with a bang, and than sink like the titanic for the leafs.

Danault with a huge goal to win it for LA. We'd be picking 10th if we kept him around - he was sort of like Markov in that he's a major floor-raiser for the whole squad. I sure hope we get a couple real studs high in the draft for letting him walk. Go Phil!

10 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

As much as I would hate to see it happen, I think the Leafs are taking this series,  Tampa just doesn't seem like the same team, not hungry enough anymore to beat a team that is hungry and desperate.  Plus Campbell is playing really well. 

I remember hearing an analyst a few weeks ago - I forget who - arguing that the Lightning were not fast enough any more, and that that loss of speed could hurt them in the playoffs. That has stayed in my mind, and TO is a terrible matchup if you’ve got speed issues…unless, of course, you have Clydesdales on the blueline, Danault at C, and Carey Price in net.

4 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

The leafs played their best hockey. They were fierce and competed very hard at every aspect. Leafs were suffocating Tampa all game. 

Tampa will surely respond with adjustments or at least I sure hope so. 

The Leafs were outstanding last night, they totally dominated the game, better in every aspect.   Tampa had almost 7 minutes in a row with the man advantage and the Leafs had the better chances.   Leafs are the better team and the hungrier team. I just don't see Tampa winning this series. 

Was just 1 game, i wouldnt read too much into the win. But, i watched ball game instead, so just peanut gallery comment.

16 hours ago, Neech said:

Danault with a huge goal to win it for LA. We'd be picking 10th if we kept him around - he was sort of like Markov in that he's a major floor-raiser for the whole squad. I sure hope we get a couple real studs high in the draft for letting him walk. Go Phil!

That series is intriguing.  Mcjesus and draisaitl are 1 and 2 art Ross caliber centers vs Kopitar danault selke caliber centers. Both have old ass goalies.

10 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Pens had 83 shots on the rangers. Shesterkin getting a workout early.

He only got beat on a perfect tip.  

Crazy that the Crosby-Malkin machine is still rolling 17 years later.

2 hours ago, Neech said:

I was watching the overtime with no rooting interest as to who won ... but cheering for Malkin or Lafrenière to score ... worked out ... it was a beauty of a tip

3 hours ago, Neech said:

That’s the type of first round draft pick the Habs need this year and next :) 

Go Habs Go!!!