2022 NHL Playoffs

Neech

36 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I thought florida dominated the game and the caps were lucky it even went to OT.  They outshot them nearly 2 to 1.

Florida definitely looked better in game 4 but overall I expected a lot more. 

32 minutes ago, illWill said:

Is anyone else finding they are cheering for Boston in this series? I hate the Bruins as much as the next guy, but I would find more pleasure in seeing the Canes lose in the first round after the whole offer sheets fiasco. 

I have hated Boston with every fiber of my being. Especially during the 90s and during their cup against Vancouver. 

But I agree with you - screw you canes and screw you Kotkaniemi 

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Is anyone else finding they are cheering for Boston in this series? I hate the Bruins as much as the next guy, but I would find more pleasure in seeing the Canes lose in the first round after the whole offer sheets fiasco. 

Cheering for Boston?  Cheering for Marchand?  Not a chance.   I have moved on from the offer sheet fiasco as you can blame MB to a large degree for what happened there. I hope the Canes beat Boston and then lose in the next round unless and this is huge, unless they play Toronto in the next round.  I would most definitely cheer for Carolina against the Leafs. 

My hatred of Boston has softened somewhat since attempted murderer Chara and gorilla Lucic left. Only Marchand is left from that loathsome bunch. Not that I have the warm and fuzzies for the Bruins. God no.

More generally, I tend to see Boston in the way that Dryden did - as a great opponent who puts you on your mettle. I respect that franchise, even as I fervently want the Habs to put them in their rightful place, i.e., as eternal losers to the CH.

By contrast, I just despise TO. I mean, I think the current lineup is a formidable squad, but toward the franchise I have pure contempt/loathing. No amount of suffering is too much for Leafs Nation. 😜 Hell, if they folded tomorrow I wouldn’t mind at all. Feel the same way about the Nordiques: let them stay dead, the scumbags.

Carolina? They deserve whatever suffering they get. But that franchise is too much of a minor, penny-ante outfit for me to despise them with full-throated loathing. They’re more like an irritating mosquito than a murder hornet like Boston or a gross, puke-inducing centipede like TO.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Carolina? They deserve whatever suffering they get. But that franchise is too much of a minor, penny-ante outfit for me to despise them with full-throated loathing. They’re more like an irritating mosquito than a murder hornet like Boston or a gross, puke-inducing centipede like TO.

LOL 

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

My hatred of Boston has softened somewhat since attempted murderer Chara and gorilla Lucic left. Only Marchand is left from that loathsome bunch. Not that I have the warm and fuzzies for the Bruins. God no.

More generally, I tend to see Boston in the way that Dryden did - as a great opponent who puts you on your mettle. I respect that franchise, even as I fervently want the Habs to put them in their rightful place, i.e., as eternal losers to the CH.

By contrast, I just despise TO. I mean, I think the current lineup is a formidable squad, but toward the franchise I have pure contempt/loathing. No amount of suffering is too much for Leafs Nation. 😜 Hell, if they folded tomorrow I wouldn’t mind at all. Feel the same way about the Nordiques: let them stay dead, the scumbags.

But really, tell us, what are your feelings toward the Bruins ?

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I could have written that.

Sums up my feelings to a T.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

I feel bad for McDavid.  He's working his balls off to keep his team alive and the rest of the roster is Draisaitl and then a bunch of dogshit.

it may be what we will be saying for Suzuki and Wright for a while :spamafote:

32 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

it may be what we will be saying for Suzuki and Wright for a while :spamafote:

Neither guy we have will be as good as McDavid.  The way he is being wasted is criminal.

I hope our management builds a better team... and with Caufield we already have an elite winger they lack.

Mathews has matured his game so much in the last year. He is a beast. Amazing at every aspect of the game. Puck battles. Puck protection. Backchecking. Takeaways. Hitting. Board battles. Stick handling. The shot. I think I would rather have him than mcjesus

Mike Smith is not good enough and the oilers need a sniper winger. Oilers need to fire their GM. 

Danault is better than the Habs gave him credit for. Kings are using him in ways the Habs didn’t and he is stepping up. 

I can already see the leafs going to game 7 again…God I hope they lose that game 7 or southern Ontario will be a miserable place to be. 

Both the leaf game and the oilers game were outstanding hockey 👏

5 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Mathews has matured his game so much in the last year. He is a beast. Amazing at every aspect of the game. Puck battles. Puck protection. Backchecking. Takeaways. Hitting. Board battles. Stick handling. The shot. I think I would rather have him than mcjesus

No way.

McDavid is simply the best player in the league and its not close.

The oilers dogshit roster is the only reason hes not even better.

Matthews is terrific, Leafs will win this series unfortunately. 

McDavid in the last 10 minutes of regulation was simply unbelievable.  I can't believe the Oilers will choke again. I was hoping the Oilers would make it to the final and the Habs would get their 2nd round pick next year but they have a hill to climb now. Even if they empty the tank and win in 7, a rested and tremendous Colorado team awaits. 

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

McDavid is simply the best player in the league and its not close.

Totally agree.  Anybody who saw the 3rd period of the Oiler game last night would have to agree. He was amazing. He must be beyond frustrated right now. 

51 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Matthews is terrific, Leafs will win this series unfortunately. 

McDavid in the last 10 minutes of regulation was simply unbelievable.  I can't believe the Oilers will choke again. I was hoping the Oilers would make it to the final and the Habs would get their 2nd round pick next year but they have a hill to climb now. Even if they empty the tank and win in 7, a rested and tremendous Colorado team awaits. 

Colorado gets the Blues/wild winner

The Oilers/Kings winner plays the winner of Flames/stars

49 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Totally agree.  Anybody who saw the 3rd period of the Oiler game last night would have to agree. He was amazing. He must be beyond frustrated right now. 

The third was crazy but It wasnt just the third.  He also had a goal and primary assist before that.

He was a beast last night and the rest of the roster (other than draisaitl) is horseshit

34 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Did they change that this year?  It's no longer the best remaining record against the lowest seed anymore is it?

It was changed several years ago.  You stay inside your own division until the conference finals.

The first year of this format was when the Habs/Rangers played in the first round.  The year we had Radulov. 

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

It was changed several years ago.  You stay inside your own division until the conference finals.

The first year of this format was when the Habs/Rangers played in the first round.  The year we had Radulov. 

So technically Dallas became part of the Pacific Division as a wild card team. I get it now. 

10 hours ago, Commandant said:

Neither guy we have will be as good as McDavid.  The way he is being wasted is criminal.

I hope our management builds a better team... and with Caufield we already have an elite winger they lack.

Well the had Hall, and gave him away for a middle pairing dman🙄

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Devastating result re: the Leafs. They came back from a 2-0 deficit to win. The nightmare is coming true…

Matthews is a great player, no question.

Nightmare, and I hate the leafs habing a guy like Matthews. May he come up short like Sundin before him, and be snakebite the rest of the series.