2022 NHL Playoffs

Neech

Max Domi the Bruins slayer.

Moving on to another team ... retiring ... seems more like the latter to me.

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Holy crap leafs lose

4 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

All’s right in the world again

The Leafs Lose

The Leafs Lose

The Leeeeeeeeeeeeafs LOSE

17 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Boston out. Leafs out. Habs have 1st overall. It's a good day.

Yep. Now, we just need the flames to lose tomorrow. Edmonton loss would be bonus as well. If Leafs, Flames, Oilers all lose, could have three teams looking to make major changes at the draft.

The media love fest for the leafs is absolutely disgusting. 

Totally commending them for a hard fought series. That they didn’t choke this year. That they looked TB right in eye. 

That their roster is just fine.  

That their leadership is top notch. 

They choked. 

Again. 

End of story. 

1 hour ago, Helmethead said:

Totally commending them for a hard fought series. That they didn’t choke this year. That they looked TB right in eye. 

They choked. 

Again. 

End of story. 

Personally I would have tried a different tactic than keeping the same core, coach and front office after losing to the 19th best team over seven games 

Who.could have predicted that this team couldnt win a close out game twice?

But what do i know?

I am glad the Leafs lost but won't revel in it.  The Leafs played hard and lost a tough one.  I don't have a problem with the players but if they won their fans would be unbearable. 

Oilers are flying tonight, Kings lucky to be only 1 goal down. 

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

There really should be no debate on who the best player in the game is.  The last goal by McDavid was pure skill and will. He is on a mission. 

He was phenomenal.  Everytime he touches the puck, 5 players, the goalie and the defensive coach shit their pants.

13 minutes ago, Neech said:

Danault also had a hell of a series. His arrival helped turn that team around.

I hope Wright is our Danault on D while putting up 80 points.

Agreed. Danault was terrific,  signing him turned out to be a great move by the Kings.  I thought the Kings overpaid at the time but I was wrong. 

3 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Boston out. Leafs out. Habs have 1st overall. It's a good day.

Amen!! I couldn’t believe it when I saw the Leafs lost…I was terrified they’d pull it out and ride the momentum forward. A great night!! 

8 hours ago, Helmethead said:

They choked. 

Again. 

End of story. 

The media is really trying to sell a story about the leafs. It’s a bullshit, feel good story without facts. 

The fact is that these leafs have lost 4 game sevens in a row, blew a 3-1 lead last year, blew a 3-2 lead this year. They could have and should have closed the series out. 

But the media has posted a nice gold star participant pin on the leafs - have fun with that leafs

2 hours ago, DON said:

Oh well, Oilers win drops that 2nd round draft pick some spots.

Go Dallas, be nice to see one big upset. :ph34r:

Yes, in a perfect world, Dallas wins, Oilers make it to the final against Florida and we get their 2nd next year when they tank.  Florida comes back next year satisfied and they tank.  Have I missed anything?  LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

The media is really trying to sell a story about the leafs. It’s a bullshit, feel good story without facts. 

The fact is that these leafs have lost 4 game sevens in a row, blew a 3-1 lead last year, blew a 3-2 lead this year. They could have and should have closed the series out. 

But the media has posted a nice gold star participant pin on the leafs - have fun with that leafs

I think that’s great. It makes it OK, psychologically, for them to lose. 👌 Dryden argued the same thing about the 1970s Bruins, when management and fans blamed referee bias and mystical arguments about Habs’ luck for their near-misses against us. It gave them an out.

There’s another side of it, though, which is that the Leafs are doing what Detroit did in the 1990s and Washington did in the 2010s: sticking with an elite core in the faith that they’ll put it all together in the playoffs sooner or later. Those franchises got rewarded for that approach; San Jose did the same and didn’t win, although they did reach the Finals eventually.

I’ve always said I’d try to move one of their elite FWs for a heavy-duty blueliner. That’d be my move. They’ll probably flip coaches and try again without roster surgery.

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

There’s another side of it, though, which is that the Leafs are doing what Detroit did in the 1990s and Washington did in the 2010s: sticking with an elite core in the faith that they’ll put it all together in the playoffs sooner or later. Those franchises got rewarded for that approach; San Jose did the same and didn’t win, although they did reach the Finals eventually.

I’ve always said I’d try to move one of their elite FWs for a heavy-duty blueliner. That’d be my move. They’ll probably flip coaches and try again without roster surgery.

Agreed, the Leafs have a good core and they don't need to blow it up. They are close but they are paying too much for their forward group. Perhaps trading a Nylander would do the trick if they can get the right piece back. 

Just now, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed, the Leafs have a good core and they don't need to blow it up. They are close but they are paying too much for their forward group. Perhaps trading a Nylander would do the trick if they can get the right piece back. 

I think the move that would be smarter is one they can’t make be use of a NMC. Move that would probably open up the most cap room, is moving Tavares. He makes way too much for his production, and what any team can afford to pay a 2nd line centre.