2022 NHL Playoffs

Neech

Carolina with another defensive clinic. I hope we have our version of Slavvin, Pesce and Skjei among our crop of prospects. Amazing how good they've been after losing a Norris candidate.

KK and Domi with less than 10 minutes playing time each. 

Boxscore shows no penalty called

Looks like a text book example of the NHL Video Rulebook "definition" of boarding ... it seems like this could be called multiple times in many games but rarely is ... and the NHL claims to care about player safety ... 🙄

26 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Kadri with the old "oops I fell" maneuver on Binnington..  he is a piece of crap imo

16 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Multiple suspensions. Multiple intentional injuries to other players. Just keeps doing it. 

The video is there (unfortunately Sportsnet puts a commercial in before you can watch it).

McDavid is playing insane hockey - and it seems to be elevating the rest of the team, several of whom are making moves out there which we wouldn’t normally see.

The ridiculous entertainment value is enhanced by shaky goaltending on both sides. Weird to see Markstrom rattled; he is normally as solid as they come.

Calgary seems to have lost their defensive identity, perhaps because their G suddenly seems to have the yips despite making a high quantity of saves tonight.

25 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

McDavid is playing insane hockey - and it seems to be elevating the rest of the team, several of whom are making moves out there which we wouldn’t normally see.

The ridiculous entertainment value is enhanced by shaky goaltending on both sides. Weird to see Markstrom rattled; he is normally as solid as they come.

Calgary seems to have lost their defensive identity, perhaps because their G suddenly seems to have the yips despite making a high quantity of saves tonight.

McDavid looks unreal right now. I don’t think ANY player has been this good good since Lemieux (including Crosby). I think if he stays healthy, he has a legit chance to be best three of all time - but needs to win a cup as well. Right now he is carrying the team on his shoulder, and showing one player can be as dominant as they are in the NBA or NFL.

It sucks that Edmonton has had gotten both McDavid and Draisaitl, to be the next Gretzky and Messier. Pittsburg has had Crosby and Malkin after Lemieux and Jagr. We haven’t even come close to another, Lafleur, since having the torch passed from Richard-Believeau-Lafleur.

McDavid is hungry and focused. He is a man on a mission and dictating the game. I don't know if the Flames are rattled or not but they might be having a lot of doubt right now.  They don't seem to have an answer for him. 

I totally get the disdain for the Oilers. They had more #1 overall draft picks than any team deserves as their management messed up so many times. Draisaitl is such a beast, proof that the #3 pick isn't always bad. 

6 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

McDavid is hungry and focused. He is a man on a mission and dictating the game. I don't know if the Flames are rattled or not but they might be having a lot of doubt right now.  They don't seem to have an answer for him. 

I totally get the disdain for the Oilers. They had more #1 overall draft picks than any team deserves as their management messed up so many times. Draisaitl is such a beast, proof that the #3 pick isn't always bad. 

In the I think even now, the oilers are winning in spite of their management, because of the job McDqvid has done.

not sure if the oilers can close it out, because Calgary is a much more complete and deepen team, but I hope the oilers can pull it off.

11 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

McDavid looks unreal right now. I don’t think ANY player has been this good good since Lemieux (including Crosby). I think if he stays healthy, he has a legit chance to be best three of all time - but needs to win a cup as well. Right now he is carrying the team on his shoulder, and showing one player can be as dominant as they are in the NBA or NFL.

I think Crosby during his most dominant stretch, right before he was concussed by the cursed Leaf Steckel, was the only player of this century that you could put on McDavid's current level. But the way that McDavid is doing it is something we've never seen before - the crazy wheels and high speed dangles. He could be the rightful heir to the 'Rocket' nickname.

35 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

In the I think even now, the oilers are winning in spite of their management, because of the job McDqvid has done.

not sure if the oilers can close it out, because Calgary is a much more complete and deepen team, but I hope the oilers can pull it off.

The Flames are a better team but I think some people under estimate the talent on the Oiler team and over estimate the talent on the Flames team. I think Sutter gets the absolute maximum out of them.  Is a 4th line of Lucic, Lewis, and Ritchie really that good other than the physical element they bring?

I think Ryan McLeod is really good, excellent skater, plays a 200 foot game. I would take him on my bottom 6 any day of the week. 

Playoffs ... so a $5000 fine and a severe admonishment?

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Playoffs ... so a $5000 fine and a severe admonishment?

Laraque forgets to mention he was too out of shape to fight at the end of his career

What’s he gonna do, dit on Lucic? 

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Laraque forgets to mention he was too out of shape to fight at the end of his career

What’s he gonna do, dit on Lucic? 

Ran into him in Vegas 3 years ago. He's definitely getting chubby.

After a day away from civilization, I see that Florida is on the cusp of being swept. They’ve only scored one goal per game and Bobrovsky has allowed 11 over the three games.