2022 NHL Playoffs

Neech

52 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

After a day away from civilization, I see that Florida is on the cusp of being swept. They’ve only scored one goal per game and Bobrovsky has allowed 11 over the three games.

I think the leafs caused the bolts to raise their game to the very top and other teams are just starting to get to their highest level. Florida is too far behind 

McDavid is electrifying but also strong as a bull. There was an early shift last night where he dipsy-doodled around half the team in the O-zone and ended the shift by bumping a Flame onto his ass. This is a case of an inhuman superstar raising an entire team on his back, something we rarely see anymore on this scale. I agree with Habs29, it is possible the Oil could win it all on the strength of one man. That’s how unreal he is playing. This is Bobby Orr/Mario Lemieux territory: all-time great stuff.

Lucic hit was absolutely ridiculous. There had better be a significant suspension, but who knows, the NHL probably sees Lucic as a “good guy” like Chara who should be thanked for not doing more damage than he does rather than punished for reckless endangerment of vulnerable players 🙄

As for Laraque, we know he would only have fought Lucic if Lucic had formally RSVP’d to the engraved invitation Laraque would have delivered to his residence three days prior to the game. Most useless ‘enforcer’ ever.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am not a Lucic fan but I think he tried to let up.  I think a 5 minute penalty was pretty severe although I understand the need to protect goalies. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Thats gotta be a suspension.  You cant run a dman from behind like that.  A goalie? Oof

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

... Lucic hit was absolutely ridiculous. There had better be a significant suspension, but who knows ...

I fall into the suspension camp ... Smith was turning his back to Lucic as Milan passed the face-off "dot" ... if ML didn't want to Smith he had time to fully stop or avoid him entirely ... no benefit of the doubt ... IMO, with all that equipment on goalies are almost always in a vulnerable position ... let alone when their back is turned.

Somewhat unsettling ACCUSATIONS from a Tampa sports radio show if you are a Panthers fan.

6 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Playoffs ... so a $5000 fine and a severe admonishment?

Didn’t Laraques’s career with us end precisely becuase he did squat when something like that happened?

4 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am not a Lucic fan but I think he tried to let up.  I think a 5 minute penalty was pretty severe although I understand the need to protect goalies. 

He should be suspended. How did he try and let up? There was no one near him other than the goalie?? This isn’t a Kadri accident like play. This actually is worse than Kreider on Price (I thought Kreider should have been suspended).

3 hours ago, DON said:

Draisaitl is awesome, but to say there is not a better passer in the game, when Draisaitl isn’t even the best passer on his team his is a pretty silly statement.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

He should be suspended. How did he try and let up? There was no one near him other than the goalie?? This isn’t a Kadri accident like play. This actually is worse than Kreider on Price (I thought Kreider should have been suspended).

I can see that he slowed down a little but meh.

He shouldn't have needed to slow down a little. He could have turned and avoided the hit entirely, or he could have stopped.  He needs to be in control of his body.  Its not like he was pushed in or there was a loose puck or any reason to run the goalie like that. 

Plus the score (4-1) makes it worse. 

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He shouldn't have needed to slow down a little. He could have turned and avoided the hit entirely, or he could have stopped.  He needs to be in control of his body.  Its not like he was pushed in or there was a loose puck or any reason to run the goalie like that. 

We are talking Lucic here. He is not the most nimble skater. He is like a freight train, can't turn on a dime or stop quickly.  Maybe Gaudreau or McDavid could have stopped or turned in time but not Lucic. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think the score and situation make that a suspendible play. 

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

We are talking Lucic here. He is not the most nimble skater. He is like a freight train, can't turn on a dime or stop quickly.  Maybe Gaudreau or McDavid could have stopped or turned in time but not Lucic. 

I don’t think Gaudreau or McDavid would have tried to take out the goalie. On the other hand, with a primate like Lucic,

it’s his nature.

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It was not IMO a "turn on a dime" situation ... he had lots of time to decide to veer off and if he can't stop perhaps he needs to retire to the old goons home.

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

He's an NHL player not a beer leaguer, he could have avoided it with a turn. 

10 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Florida had the best record in the NHL, led the league in goals and score 3 goals in an entire series.  Hard to figure out this game sometimes. 

The cap is doing what the cap does best: reduce the gaps between teams.

That said, anything can happen in the playoffs, and often does happen. I think this loss will be more painful for the Panthers than the previous series was for the Leafs -- even if they did make it to the second round. First overall, and then swept by a combined 15-3 score. Oof.

58 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The cap is doing what the cap does best: reduce the gaps between teams.

That said, anything can happen in the playoffs, and often does happen. I think this loss will be more painful for the Panthers than the previous series was for the Leafs -- even if they did make it to the second round. First overall, and then swept by a combined 15-3 score. Oof.

Obviously it's not working for Florida. Time to tear it down. Trade all their good players for draft picks and tank next year.  That's what they should do. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t think Gaudreau or McDavid would have tried to take out the goalie. On the other hand, with a primate like Lucic,

it’s his nature.

Sorry to point out that Gaudreau and McDavid are also primates. :monkey:

13 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Obviously it's not working for Florida. Time to tear it down. Trade all their good players for draft picks and tank next year.  That's what they should do. 

😄

This is what some fans would be saying if the Habs were in that position for sure

28 minutes ago, Neech said:

Sorry to point out that Gaudreau and McDavid are also primates. :monkey:

Ok, so maybe I should have been more specific calling Lucic a primate that hasn’t evolved from being a caveman 🙄

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Ok, so maybe I should have been more specific calling Lucic a primate that hasn’t evolved from being a caveman 🙄

Just call him a gorilla and be done with it