Just call him a gorilla and be done with it

Sure - even than, let’s call him a less evolved gorilla.😁

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Sure - even than, let’s call him a less evolved gorilla.😁

I've always favoured Neanderthal. 

2 hours ago, DON said:

Go Oilers  McDavid Go, light em up!:flaming:

He was able to just be Clark Kent today. No need to be superman. Although the rest of team bailed out Smith tonight.

6 minutes ago, Neech said:

Go Oilers, but I wouldn't mind a game 6 and 7 either. As long as they close out these Flamers.

I want the Oilers to close out the flames as soon as they can. Don’t need to take any chances. After that Unreally don’t care who wins, but would be cool to see a oilers- Avs

35 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I want the Oilers to close out the flames as soon as they can. Don’t need to take any chances. After that Unreally don’t care who wins, but would be cool to see a oilers- Avs

Agree on that. Let's get that higher 1st round pick. 

Neither of these teams has the goaltending necessary to win. Smith is a mediocrity, while Markstrom is a genuinely excellent G who for some reason has caught the yips in this series. That’s weird to see. 

You can win with a Smith…but you need to be an ultra-strong club like the Wings were when they won with Osgood, not a team with holes like EDM.

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Neither of these teams has the goaltending necessary to win. Smith is a mediocrity, while Markstrom is a genuinely excellent G who for some reason has caught the yips in this series. That’s weird to see. 

You can win with a Smith…but you need to be an ultra-strong club like the Wings were when they won with Osgood, not a team with holes like EDM.

I loved how smith is looking at his own players on the second and 3rd goal. Yeah he was screened on a perfect shot on the 2nd (not blaming him on the goal, just commenting on who he was glaring at his dman), but he flubbed it completely on the third.

12 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Oilers certainly won't win the back of their goaltending. If they do, it'll be all McDavid and Draisatl.

20 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The Oilers certainly won't win the back of their goaltending. If they do, it'll be all McDavid and Draisatl.

No question those 2 guys are great but it's not all those 2 guys.  Kane, Hyman and Hopkins have all been tremendous.  Smith, except for a couple small stretches has been excellent. 

39 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I always thought that MacKinnon is the closest there is to McDavid as far as being a dynamic force. Phenomenal goal. 

Yup, Hes the closest in terms of skating and having the ability to make plays with the puck while still moving at that top speed for forwards anyway.  Makar might be even better than MacKinnon at this.

MacKinnons style is pretty similar to McDavid though.

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Yup, Hes the closest in terms of skating and having the ability to make plays with the puck while still moving at that top speed for forwards anyway.  Makar might be even better than MacKinnon at this.

In my opinion the top 5 players in the NHL in no particular order other than McDavid being #1  are McDavid, Mathews, MacKinnon, Makar and Draisatl.  Not sure who else would be close. 

If Edmonton plays Colorado then if nothing else there will be some pretty exciting offense. 

These playoffs have been an amazing showcase for the NHL product circa 2022.

They’re like the first playoffs I can remember where the basic logic of the regular season - speed, skating, transition - seem to have translated into the postseason. (We were direct beneficiaries last year of the way the “pocket the whistle” approach). I don’t know if the refs are finally calling things differently, if the speed/transition game has hit a critical mass such that it overcomes clutching/grabbing/interference, or if (similar thought) the talent level in the league has now reached an apex, such that it cannot be contained.

This is as exciting as the sport has been since the 1980s, and it’s achieving it with a much higher level of systems sophistication and overall goaltending quality.👍

I went to the Avs game last night, and from an entertainment perspective, it was a helluva good time. My son was a little less thrilled with the outcome (me too, I'd prefer an Avs win). Avs fans (once again) are lamenting their lack of goaltending in this series. 

Boy, MacKinnon is something to watch in person like he was last night. It's a shame they couldn't hold on after that end to end goal, as that would've been quite the series clinching goal to celebrate.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

In my opinion the top 5 players in the NHL in no particular order other than McDavid being #1  are McDavid, Mathews, MacKinnon, Makar and Draisatl.  Not sure who else would be close. 

If Edmonton plays Colorado then if nothing else there will be some pretty exciting offense. 

Not a bad list. 

I think Vasilevskiy and Hedman have pretty good cases to be included. 

29 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Hedman have pretty good cases to be included. 

Hedman 0.67pts/gm

Makar 1.01pts/gm

Maybe Hedman is better defending, i dont watch them enough to know much about either.

14 hours ago, Commandant said:

I really like McKinnon, but I absolutely love Makar. What he is accomplishing at his age is unbelievable.