NHL Draft Lottery

Peter Puck

9 minutes ago, illWill said:

That's all great and all, but what are the chances that we draft correctly and choose that superstar

50-50?

In an ideal world a team dissappears from the 12-16 range. Would take a lot of stress away from the announcements knowing we didnt win but still draft #1. Very slim chances of that happening though.  

Most likely 3rd overall so anything outside of that would be great. 

7 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

In an ideal world a team dissappears from the 12-16 range. Would take a lot of stress away from the announcements knowing we didnt win but still draft #1. Very slim chances of that happening though.  

Most likely 3rd overall so anything outside of that would be great. 

A team could disappear from the 12-16 range and we still don't get number 1. 

How?

They won the second lottery, not the first.

6 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

In an ideal world a team dissappears from the 12-16 range ...

Cheering for Vancouver and Vegas ... but I also buy Lotto Max tickets

0 for 1

0 for 2

Hughes somewhat stone-faced ... or his video feed is delayed ... Bell Fibe issues?

I’m happy HuGort get to pick their player in the first round, but I was good with either of the presumptive first picks (Wright/Cooley). 

i actually wonder if holding first picks in ALL rounds may ultimately be even bigger in consequence. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Hughes somewhat stone-faced ... or his video feed is delayed ... Bell Fibe issues?

He was watching on TSN (or RDS) 5G on his phone and was zooming in, out, and around the action trying to get a sneak peek at the card before it was revealed.  It can only be done on Bell Fibe.

1 hour ago, revvvrob said:

i actually wonder if holding first picks in ALL rounds may ultimately be even bigger in consequence. 

From 3-7, not so much but I've always felt the team holding the top pick in the second round had a big advantage from a trade standpoint...as long as they still have it after the first round.  That becomes a prime trade asset if it gets that far and if there's someone that a team really likes, there's a good value opportunity in a trade.  That was always going to be the case though for the Habs as the lottery only sets the first round, not the rest.

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

... Now let's do this all again next year 👍

The RESULT yes ... the PROCESS to get here ... preferably not.

2 hours ago, revvvrob said:

I’m happy HuGort get to pick their player in the first round, but I was good with either of the presumptive first picks (Wright/Cooley). 

I don't think the lottery affects the order of any rounds except the first.  So NJ will be picking 5th in all rounds except the first.  (But maybe you knew that and I just misunderstood your post?)