NHL Draft Lottery

Peter Puck

13 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

In order to get the result you need to lose. So the process has to be the same especially if we're in the bottom 10 come all star break. 

I think the implication being made was for the Habs to win the lottery and move up to the top pick next season compared to the frustration of another year like this one.  The process would be a bit different in that regard.  Or, Florida can somehow completely collapse and that pick winds up being the lottery-winner, that works too...

• Like 1

congratulation to Hugh-Gort, Marty and team for a successful tank job!

Celebrate Sparkling Wine GIF by CHANDON CALIFORNIA - Find & Share on GIPHY

Let's hope they are as successful in the 2022-2023 season !!!

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sheesh, could they have done a more low-if, amateurish presentation? Can’t Bettman even afford a teleprompter, for God’s sake? 🤨

The one with Bettman is not really meant to be a presentation. Its videotaped for proof that the the lottery actually occurred and nothing went amiss.

The one with Bill Daly on ESPN/Sportsnet is the presentation meant for TV. Still not that exciting though 😕 

12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I think the implication being made was for the Habs to win the lottery and move up to the top pick next season compared to the frustration of another year like this one.  The process would be a bit different in that regard.  Or, Florida can somehow completely collapse and that pick winds up being the lottery-winner, that works too...

(1) Thank you ... thought it was obvious

(2) Maybe the Panthers win the Cup and then "pull a '97 Marlins"

23 hours ago, Habsfan84 said:

13-1-4-3 was our lucky combo for lottery balls. Whose getting that tattooed on their body?

This is probably completely irrelevant to anyone but me but that combo would have been the third-seeded team in the 2020 chart which is the last one made public (sequence 75 for anyone who clicks the link).  I figured they used the same sequencing grid every year to assign the combos.