HuGo's Organizational Revamp

GHT120

He's still a prospect, not a complete player, and he still plays that way (I think). But the Habs' scouting team clearly saw high potential in him, one hopes that they are more skilled at identifying player potential than I am.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

He's still a prospect, not a complete player, and he still plays that way (I think). But the Habs' scouting team clearly saw high potential in him, one hopes that they are more skilled at identifying player potential than I am.

same here. I think the Habs made a good pick when they selected Slafkovsky. I like ht ekid for what he brings

Although no confirmation from the Habs that I could find.

The Athletic actually mentioned this in mid-December:

(...) the Canadiens have quietly hired someone that fits the description of what Molson was talking about.

Jean-François Ménard is a mental performance coach who has been hired full-time by the Canadiens. He has an office in Brossard. He regularly works with the players. He has experience working at Cirque du Soleil and has worked with numerous Olympic athletes; his LinkedIn profile states that his clients have won 17 Olympic medals since 2016.

Just now, tomh009 said:

The Athletic actually mentioned this in mid-December:

Perhaps he had other obligations to complete before he could start work.