Jump to content

May 14, Crunch vs Rocket, 3 PM


 Share

Recommended Posts

syr14_200-150x150.png

 

(Lines are from last game)

 

Richard - Dumont - Barre-Boulet

Fortier - Smith - Koepke

Elie - Ryfors - Goncalves

Walcott - Hudon - Labrie

 

Claesson - Raddysh

Jones - Perbix

Carlile - Hora

 

Lagace

 

lav17_200-150x150.png

 

(Lines are from last game)

 

Harvey-Pinard - Dea - Belzile

Gignac - Paquette - Ylonen

Bourque - Schnarr - Teasdale
Martel - Smith-Pelly

 

Ouellet - Belpedio
Niku - Dello

Schueneman - Paquette-Bisson

Norlinder

 

Primeau

 

Puck drop is at 3 PM and the game can be seen on RDS.  A Laval victory would win them the series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DON said:

 

Top 5 scorers for each team ... personally I would list the guy with 3 goals ahead of the other 3 point players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'd be nice if Laval could hit the net with their scoring chances.  They had plenty of good opportunities and might have hit the net once.

 

1-0 Syracuse as we head to the 2nd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

🙁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is a good recap.

 

Is there a reason they kept Norlinder in the lineup? Are they short on forwards?

 

He did not have an impact and was noticeable except on soft plays

 

If they bury their chances next game, they should win. Laval played well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Is there a reason they kept Norlinder in the lineup? Are they short on forwards?

 

He did not have an impact and was noticeable except on soft plays

 

They're not short on forwards but it looks like they'd rather have Norlinder play 7 or 8 minutes over someone like Kevin Roy or Lucas Condotta.  They have a handful of forwards up from Trois-Rivieres as well so it's not a numbers issue.  I also think they figured Norlinder would play his way into the top six by now and displace someone like Dello but that hasn't happened either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s the playoffs , I doubt that he can pull his intensity to the level his teammates have

 

I am sure he will be a top-6 in Laval next season. I wonder if they are playing him in case there is a trade involving Norlinder. He is behind Guhle, Harris and not as well suited for 3rd LD as Struble

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not real good development year for Norlinder or a Brook. Cant say get good feeling either will help the Habs much down the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

one of Norlinder or Harris should be moved IMHO. They are similar, but so far Harris looked better. It is too early to pass judgement on either, but they seem to me like similar players.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

one of Norlinder or Harris should be moved IMHO. They are similar, but so far Harris looked better. It is too early to pass judgement on either, but they seem to me like similar players.

I agree that one likely will be moved ... but I would allow them to hopefully develop some value first as I doubt either brings back much right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I agree that one likely will be moved ... but I would allow them to hopefully develop some value first as I doubt either brings back much right now.

I am not saying it has to happen right now, but if there is an opportunity to improve the club: go for it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am not saying it has to happen right now, but if there is an opportunity to improve the club: go for it

Agreed ... I am of the "ANYONE can be traded in the right deal" philosophy ... was just saying that IMO it may take some time before they develop enough for a trade to improve the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Agreed ... I am of the "ANYONE can be traded in the right deal" philosophy ... was just saying that IMO it may take some time before they develop enough for a trade to improve the club.

 

but why run the risk of a Poehling or Brook loosing all their trade value ?

 

Habs do not need to take all the development risk on prospects, they can trade when the value is the highest and for some players that is soon after the draft or in their ELC year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

 

but why run the risk of a Poehling or Brook loosing all their trade value ?

 

And what value is that, swap for another AHLer?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think Harris and Norlinder are that similar.

 

Harris is much stronger defensively and not as dynamic offensively.  Hes also already shown his skills are likely to translate at the NHL level.  Norlinder has struggled in the top Swedish league and AHL.  There are some reasons to excuse some of that performance but also its a worrying sign. He may overcome those struggles but right now he looks worse than Sami Niku did at the same age.  Id be fine to trade him.  Poehling too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

but why run the risk of a Poehling or Brook loosing all their trade value ?

 

Habs do not need to take all the development risk on prospects, they can trade when the value is the highest and for some players that is soon after the draft or in their ELC year

As I said, in the right trade anyone can be dealt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I dont think Harris and Norlinder are that similar.

 

Harris is much stronger defensively and not as dynamic offensively.  Hes also already shown his skills are likely to translate at the NHL level.  Norlinder has struggled in the top Swedish league and AHL.  There are some reasons to excuse some of that performance but also its a worrying sign. He may overcome those struggles but right now he looks worse than Sami Niku did at the same age.  Id be fine to trade him.  Poehling too.

 

good points

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DON said:

And what value is that, swap for another AHLer?

 

 

yeah, equivalent to a change of scenery like we did in the McCarron for Dauphin or Kulak (unproven at the time) for Taormina and Valiev

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2022 at 12:31 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

one of Norlinder or Harris should be moved IMHO. They are similar, but so far Harris looked better. It is too early to pass judgement on either, but they seem to me like similar players.

 

 

Thank you "drop the 🎤"

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...