Montreal nightlife

zumpano21

Damn, I haven't lived in Montreal since 1995, so I can't be of much help, brother. I used to frequent Foufounes Electrique, but that is (or was) more in the way of an alternative freak-show than a "low pretension" vibe. 

What anglo Canadians call "pretentious" is just Montrealers being stylin'. I would suggest dressing with some flair, or at least on the sharp side, for a night on the town in Canada's coolest city.

• Upvote 1

Haven't been out at night in Montreal for many years now.   The life with 2 young children hit the nightlife very hard :D.

I used to go to microbrewreries though. 

Benelux, DIeu du Ciel, Isle de Garde.

For pubs,  I know Hurley's Irish Pub had live music.

• Upvote 1

I used to frequent Crescent St, oh...30 years ago or so now. I remember there used to be some place (DJs? Probably long gone now) that had $10 drink and drown Thursday nights. Hurley's, Peel Pub, I think I remember Shayne Corson had a restaurant somewhere, possibly on Bishop. Weehaa! Last time I was out there for a hockey camp in Brossard was 2017, and we stuck to the mini-mall suburban area (Quartier Dix30, I believe). 

Anyway, thanks for the trip down memory lane. I know my post doesn't help you at all.